What's new

Bought a CRT PJ...Now what? (1 Viewer)

ColinM

Senior HTF Member
The company I work for upgraded the boardroom's Barco Data 800 to something else - and tossed it in the scrap pile! So a phone call later I had rights to take it home, for $10. It's in my truck right now. I have the AC cord, I downloaded and printed the install and operator's manual, and I have 2 remotes...Now what?

I have to figure out if I can hang it - Don't think it's going to happen, so a table will be on it's way to cover it up, probably.

Can these be run from the floor?

As I read the manual and verify that the thing works, I'll know what to ask. I'm kinda techy and I like to tweak.

Wish me luck!

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
For $10 you can't go too wrong. You will probably need a scaler for it.

Chris Moe

Screenwriter
Excellent deal, congrats!!

You can hang it on the ceiling, there are a couple different ways to do it. Get the Barco mount, Chief may make one, or you can do the uni-strut mount. (do a search over on AVS for the uni-strut).

You can run it on the floor as well.

First thing you should do is pull of the lenses and take a look at the CRT faces and see what kind of shape they are in. Any idea how many hours are on it? Do you know what your company was using it for? If they were using it for computer display there is a good chance you have burn from static images.

A scaler, doubler or HTPC will probably be needed. If you have a progresive DVD player you can probably use that until you feel like upgrading. You will need, a transcoder to hook up the DVD player to the PJ though.

AVS is your best source of info when it comes to CRT projectors.

ColinM

Senior HTF Member
3400 hours...more testing and disassembly to come after my daughter goes sleepy-bye.

No idea what they used it for.

ColinM

Senior HTF Member
Screw it- House is too small. Makes my living room look like a shoe box when it's in there....:frowning:

Now for sale in the HWFS forum...bummer. Me sad.

Thanks for the advice anyways!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks