What's new

boston VR 500 (1 Viewer)

lectricguy

Auditioning
Real Name
don brickman
I have aVR 500 that is "ratteling" know foam holding speaker is shot,,,trying to find the replacement,,,speaker looks good no cracks,,,if have to take it out how do i do that,,,,four screws on face plate exposes gasket,,,back heat sheild off can't seem to get speaker out (if needed) looks like it is a twist lock setup...face plate screws out is it glued to box,,,don't know hope gasket fixes rattle problem...thanks

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
It needs to be re-foamed. I suggest refoaming both speakers so that they are identical. Depending on the size of the driver, it should be $5 to $10 per driver.
I'm having problems understanding the rest of your post. After removing the mounting screws, is the driver still not able to be removed from the cabinet? Have you tried to gently pry it away? After a number of years, I've seen them stick to the cabinet. Pry it gently and pop, it comes loose.
If that isn't the issue, please add some punctuation to your post so we can better understand your issue.

Number1AVdork

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Umberto Smith
Those Bostons are very good sounding speakers for not much dough. It will probably cost 20-30$ to do both speakers. It will take you an hour or two the first time you do it. Just take your time. Watch the free youtube videos on how to re-foam woofers.
If am not mistaken the Bostons do require some muscle to remove the woofer. A trick I learned to remove stuck woofers because of gaskets or seals is to take an automotive feeler guage and use the thinnest one to pry the seals like a screw driver...The difference is the feeler guage is pliable and if you slip you won't puncture the driver like you would a screw driver...Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks