1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Boston Public revovlving door

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Daniel Kikin, May 27, 2003.

1. Daniel Kikin

Daniel Kikin Screenwriter

Looks like Boston Public is droping cast members again. From Zap2it.com:

2. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

This looks pretty good - Ms. Shavers being dropped is basically an admission that there's not enough material for her to be a regular, and they never did find anything for McIntyre to do.

A less severe situation than the beginning of this season - which I think actually improved the show - but a pretty useful streamlining.

3. Scott Kimball

Scott Kimball Screenwriter

Boy... is Mr. Kelly installing exit doors on all his series? [​IMG]

Seriously, though, no big loss here. The cast was too large. This trimming seems about right.

The Practice, on the other hand, lost me when they changed nights... and they won't get me back with the cast cuts they made.

-Scott

4. Craig S

Craig S Premium
    Supporter

Craig Seanor
    Lemme get this straight...

McIntyre & Abrahams played the two "boy" teachers, right? Good riddence.

Shavers was Harper's daughter?? Well, she graduated, so this makes sense. At least they didn't come up with some contrived way to keep her on the show.

And DiLizia was the pregnant office assistant?? No big loss here either. Her storyline was played out. They can bring back Rashida Jones and I'd be happy... [​IMG]

As long as they're keeping Anthony Heald (BP's MVP, as far as I'm concerned), Chi McBride, & Michael Rappaport I guess the BP Season Pass will stay on my TiVo for another year.

5. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Well, Brooke is going to Harvard, so why would she be featured (prominantly) in BP even as a cast regular, unless they were going with more focus on Stephen's home life.

Youngling #1 and #2 never did much to warrant a second season.

6. Chad R

Chad R Screenwriter

Chad Rouch
    At least its realistic. Teachers usually last two years before burning out on the low pay and high stress.

7. Rob P S

Rob P S Screenwriter

rob
    Shavers wasn't bad, but she didn't have that much to do. As for the other three, good riddance. I wish Jeri Ryan would go, but as long as Steven, Scott, Danny, Marla, and Harvey stick around they'll be in good shape. What they really need is new writers.

8. Daniel Kikin

Daniel Kikin Screenwriter

I just realized it's kind of ironic how Harper gave the whole speech about not getting rid of any teacher's because of budget cuts. I guess that's before he had to worry about Kelley's annual cuts, which make much more sense this year than last.

9. James T

James T Screenwriter

10. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Tired of the dungeon?

11. JohnAP

JohnAP Second Unit

Yeah, no one's gonna care about McIntyre and Abrahams. They were boring and looked too much alike. They were never good replacements for Jessalyn Gilsig and Rashida Jones.

Brooke and Marcy are graduating, so I guess it makes sense for them to leave, though I think I'll miss Marcy.

As long as Michael Rapaport's still there, I think these changes are fine. The most worrying change though is moving to Fridays. Who watches tv on Friday nights. Think about the shows that were on Fox Friday nights the last couple years; Pasadena, Dark Angel, Firefly, John Doe, Fastlane....you see where I'm going with this?

12. Carl Miller

Carl Miller Screenwriter

13. Kevin Goodwin

Kevin Goodwin Stunt Coordinator

No kidding. Any musical guest or number in David Kelly's shows tends to be really annoying. Like when he tried to shove Vonda Shepard's mediocre music down our throats in Ally McBeal.

14. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Did Kelley ever throw in any musical numbers in The Practice?

15. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

16. Dan Rudolph

Dan Rudolph Producer

Actually he did a couple times begining of this season. Remember when Lindsay had the case about the woman that kept singing and disturbing her neighbor?