What's new

Boston Legal season 3 thread (1 Viewer)

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> But they've had three 4th wall breaks in two episodes. I just don't want it to get overdone to where we're saying "Oh not this tired gimmick again."

I don't think it was overdone. The Shatner stuff was all in a 1-2 min span, not like throughout the episode. I don't expect them to go all McBeal on us.

> Denny Crane welcoming the new people to "Boston Legal."

Technically that's not a wall break since he said it to them, not to the camera. Ditto the comments about feeling like a TV character.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Finally got around to watching the first 2 episodes of this season, and all I can say is...

"Denny Crane" :D

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
This show is fast becoming among other things, a place for all Star Trek Alumni to visit. Last night it was interesting to see Rene Auberjonois playing a lawyer at the firm confronting a judge played by Armin Shimerman. If you know Star Trek Deep Space Nine, then you know that these two actors portrayed Odo and Quark. Two characters on that show who had a similar adversarial relationship! It was interesting to see that at play. Not sure it's going anywhere. If Leonard Nimoy agrees to come out of retirement and go on the show, that would be real interesting to see the Shatner/Nimoy thing going on if they play scenes together. Somehow I doubt this will happen

Mike Williams

Screenwriter
'Boston Legal' is a fourth wall break because it's the name of the program, not the firm, and it was their way of welcoming the new "characters" to the TV show, as well as the firm, as a joke for the fans. Likewise feeling like a character on a TV show because he IS a character on a tv show.

In reference to Star Trek actors showing up on Boston Legal, next week, Neelix from Star Trek: Voyager is on the show as well. Four Star Trek actors in one episode if there are any scenes with Armin Shimmerman, which there are likely to be.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I think it would be great if they had Nimoy on the show and Shatner makes some sort of reference to Spock and they both looked at the camera. Like the bits they have done with Shatner about the Klingons and his cellphone with the communicator churp.

I loved the bits with Denny and the midget. That was a riot.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I do like when Denny is shown not to be too incompetent. Like last season when he got his ex to drop her lawsuit. You have to wonder if he really is going crazy or is crazy like a fox?

Greg_C_T

Second Unit
Alan and Shirley's scene over wine was brilliantly written:

Shirley: "Does that line actually work?"
Alan: "It's working now!"

Excellent episode. A step up from last week's more mediocre one.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
10/17/06

Alan's riff on Scientology was hilarious. Heep and maple syrup, oh my!

Denny Crane and the little woman is deeply bizarre. Denny and Gracie Jane, oh my!

The other serious murder case is just not doing it for me.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Last night's episode I found to be pretty funny. The whole sciencetology thing was great. What cracks me up is how Denny can get the women to sleep with him even with the sleezy, crazy attitude. The dwarf thing is hilarious and it's funny how she's appears to be giving him a chance. The murder case with the twist about the guy masterbating to his mother's nude picture was probably pretty high on the gross factor but an interesting twist.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
I haven't watched the episode yet but let me assure you -- what you described is definitely high on the gross factor.

Kristian

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kristian

I had to look away during that scene, it was just too gross. I'm so glad that storyline is over. Between the incest and that nails-on-chalkboard peeping tom, it was really bringing down the show for me.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I know its tv. But, I can believe a teen from a small Kansas town has superpowers more than I can believe Alan Shore (James Spader) can consistently get such hot chicks. ;)

Whenever, he makes those quirky faces...All I can think of is his character from Mannequin.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Not just him but William Shatner as odd as he is in the show is a lady's man also and it doesn't make sense. But when Spader's girlfriend had sex with the other Ex-boyfriend and she fell asleep, that was pretty funny and it looks like he'll have the same issues Spader has.

todd s

Senior HTF Member

Maybe, I wasn't paying as much attention. But, I got the feeling it was the other way around. Like he wanted to leave and she fell asleep wanting him to stay.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks