What's new

Boston Legal season 2 ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
I agree, Parker. The new cast additions do not bring much to the party. They are certainly much less interesting than, say, Rhona Mitra, IMO. Maybe as we learn more about them, my opinion will change.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
11/8/05

The humor content was high, I also lost it when Denny pops a cap in the perp's knee at the courthouse. The beastiality case was pushing it a bit, and Alan's fear of clowns got some chuckles from me.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Everytime I see Alan's character get all squimish. He reverts to the look of the snivly character he played in Mannequin. :)

And yet another week of national politics commentary. :rolleyes

Denny Crane!!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
11/15/05

Shirley's case was painful to watch, and after the reveal with her own father, lawyering might be a high-paying job, but it sure can test your own humanity.

The rest was semi-interesting or entertaining.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
12/6/05

I think Boston Legal just jumped the you-know-what, but I don't care, I LOL heartily when Brad chopped off 3 fingers of a priest who wouldn't open up his office as he and Denise were looking for info on a kidnapping pedophile.
OMG, that was a nutty scene.

Denny's popping a homeless person with a paintball gave DEK a soapbox for the New Orleans Hurricane Katrina situation.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I think the last few episodes have been some of their best.

Dean Crane!
Nancy Grace!
Denny Crane!!
Nancy Grace!

If Shatner and Spader don't get Emmy's again this year I will be totally floored.

I was wondering what they could call the new show. The show were Denny and Alan leave the firm to start up their own practice and have the new show only about them.

I seriously believe that they could show the two of them walk into an empty building at the end of this season, look around the building and then set down a sign that said "Crane and Shore" as the name of their new company. Not one of the other cast would be missed.

Greg_C_T

Second Unit

You're probably right, Parker! But too much of a good thing might be bad... After all, without the other characters to pull us away from Alan and Denny, we'd never get a chance to miss their screentime.

I just started watching Boston Legal this season, and am completely hooked. Along with LOST (and the upcoming season 5 of "24"), it's one of the few shows I make a point to watch each week.

Was the first season just as good? Is it out on DVD? :)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Last nights episode was amusing to see the further craziness Kelley injects in his shows.

Of course the Shatner bits are why I tune in. The cell phone that made the Star Trek communicator sound was a nice touch of the further winking to the audience. I enjoyed "hands" going coo-coo.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I loved Alan taking Shirley down a peg or two. When Alan gets ornery, he's much more fun to watch. Too bad Hands had to go schizo.

The Michael J. Fox guest turn wasn't as good as I had hoped (for now). But you can't blame a dying rich man for wanting to sleep with good looking ladies.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
It was interesting to see Scrubs having a similar story line to the Michael J. Fox storyline on BL.

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
I had to rewind my TIVO to make sure about the communicator sound. Really funny.

And then, did any notice the name of the pharmaceutical company that was testing the cancer drug Michael J. Fox got? Devlin McGregor! Which is the name of the pharmaceutical company in The Fugitive (which made Provasic, the heart drug that Harrison Ford's wife was killed to protect).

I have to admit, this show is a lot of fun to watch.

Greg_C_T

Second Unit

What was the ring tone that was playing before he opened the phone? I assumed it was something Trek-related, but couldn't decipher anything.

Great episode--as others have said, Alan's smackdown was excellent as always!

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
It was the communicator beep from Star Trek. Of course, it was a flip phone, so Shatner could open it like a communicator.

Raasean Asaad

Supporting Actor
Nice episode last night, The Denny and Alan dancing scene was well done as always although to me it sounded like Alan had a cold all night whenever he had any dialogue.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks