What's new

Boston Legal season 2 ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
I found the whole thing a letdown.

Alan's case had no meat. Based on what was presented, I saw Alan losing the case but Catherine Piper getting off with probation, or something similar. She killed a man in cold blood when she was not in immediate danger. Thinking he might kill again is not self defense or anything else that'd justify the killing.

Denny's case had legs, but Denny's presentation was horrible. I don't trust a lawyer who confuses the bill of rights with a bill of sale, especially if he doesn't go back to correct his misstatement.

OK, this show is about the comedy now, not the lawyering, but it wasn't all that funny to me this week (unlike last week). A costume didn't make it any more funny.

Candice Bergen suddenly felt like a prop.

The priest is the new John Laroquette.

Bye Tara.

MarcS

Stunt Coordinator
I liked the continuation of the fishing theme though...

Seems that with this show, as well as others like West Wing, when they try to inject too much politicizing, too much overt polarization of current issues, that they suddenly become not funny and not entertaining...

The whole courtroom scene(s)re: the assault weapons ban was a real throwaway...

OTOH, the Rev saying one more slap and we'll call it even was pretty funny.... "and what makes you think I won't enjoy it?"

The prior episode is going to be hard to beat...

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter
I don't think this was the first new episode, there were five from last season that will be shown in this season, and it makes sense they would be these first shows, as they're all continuing off previous plot points. They probably knew that with 5 changed episodes, they would need to do some small reshoots to integrate the new characters, but it's still blatantly obvious IMO. I don't mind the increase in comedy this season, but I think the drop in drama and REALITY really hurt the show.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
When I saw them walking down the road with their fishing poles to the tune of the Andy Griffith theme, all was forgiven. :D

Joe

Dax P

Stunt Coordinator
Next week is the first 'real' Season 2 show. These first four were previously 1.19-1.22 (minus Monica Potter except in two quick group scenes, plus Julie Bowen and the two new kids). 1.18 (the big Lori-suing-the-firm-for-Denny's-behavior story - oops, to be no closure on that story thread, and follow-up to Alan and Chelina (Kerry Washington) after the Texas story that was last season's unintentional finale) won't be aired (besides dropping Lori, they wanted to 'open' with the first Heather Locklear episode), it doesn't look like, unless it's a 'lost episode' some day... doubt it. Eventual dvd extra? Lost episode and all the unaired Lori subplots stitched together...

Edit: Oops. Wrote the above before watching this week's- previews have a clip of Shirley insisting that Denny apologize to Lori- that was part of the 'lost' 1.18... so the scenes from there were saved and wiggled into 2.5...

And here in 2.4, with Denise in Denny's courtroom and Alan making references to 'It's October'... modified from the original, obviously.

I think the re-constructions on these have been really 'odd' (I think everybody would have preferred a summer run of the five leftovers, right?), but it's almost over...

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
That was basically last week's show or the week before (when she realized that neither Alan nor the old flame were right for her at this time). Alan got her resignation in this week's episode.

MikeFR

Supporting Actor
Quite the letdown after last week's great episode... I did however like the line about Denny dressing as the Patriot's mascot.

Tom McA

Stunt Coordinator
Love the characters, love the dialogue, but I agree with Mikah. Alan's case was a giant loser, and in the real world, there's no way Catherine would've gotten a "Not Guilty" verdict, imho. That made this week's episode a thumbs-down for me.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Tom McA ladies and gentlemen! He'll be here all week!

:)

Never heard of it. Is that a variation of the "mysterious dude" defense? :D

Joe

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Looks like they are going back to politics next week. With a woman suing the govt or military for making her extending her brothers military service.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
They could have the whole show with just Shatner and Spader going about doing their thing and not show you one other person and the show would still be great.

Alan: I consider you such a friend.
Crane: I'm still not sleeping with you.

Roger_R

Second Unit
Soo... this week the blonde (can never remember her name) suddenly exists again? Is there any GOOD reason why they changed the order and messed up the episodes these last weeks? I really liked the fishing episode for some reason (I hate fishing myself), but the episodes after that were so-so. Having the show focusing more on Spader and Shatner and kick out some of the secondary characters would probably improve the show. Way too many characters that just show up and then disappear 5 episodes later.
By now Spader, Shatner and Auberjonois are the only actors who have been there from the beginning... right?

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S

Mark Valley has been there from the beginning, although it seems the show unfortunately doesn't know what to do with his character. I don't know how he can be satisfied with his very peripheral character after having been the lead in "Keen Eddie" -- he deserves more to do.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I want them to bring back Keen Eddie. I LOVED that show.

This is still one show that makes me laugh out loud with some of its great one-liners between Shatner and Spader. I am not sure about the new characters. They could let them all go and I wouldn't miss them in the least.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks