What's new

Boston Legal ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
My wife and I started watching this about three episodes ago when Crossing Jordan was a rerun. We are regular viewers of BL, now. This is some of the best acting I have seen from Bill Shatner.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I can't believe this show was spawned by "The Practice". It's more like the male version of Ally McBeal, but with better lead actors.

matt bee

Stunt Coordinator

My girlfriend made the exact same comment as we were watching this show last night.

Alan: You're good when you get testy.
Denny: It came easy today...My balls hurt.

:laugh:

I just about fell outta my chair when Denny said that. :D

Clark Bradley

Stunt Coordinator
Some of my favorite moments:

Alan lecturing the politician about his adultery and then hands him the settlement papers. :)

Denny Crane in jail for soliciting a one-legged prostitute.

Crane: "There are two things in life I have always looked forward too. The Sox winning the World Series and sex with a one legged woman. After so many years without a win, I had given up...but then we won so I thought I'd go for both."

Denny Crane getting ready to shoot the armed man holding Alan hostage.

Crane: "When I was a marine I was a trained sniper....or was that a pilot?"

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
1/9/05

Candice Bergen joins the cast as Shirley Schmidt, and has totally stirred up the pot, and put Denny off-kilter.

Best 2 lines:

"Denny Crane...coco-coco-puffs"
"Denny Crane...trix are for kids"

Love Alan's gift for Shirley.

Rene (Paul) still hasn't cracked the opening credits.

Alan's subplot with Bernie wasn't all that interesting, but somewhat humorous at times.

Lori's subplot was a little too much preaching, but that's David E. Kelley for ya.

Nicu

Grip
Best line of the show:

Denny Crane: " Crane comes before Schmidt"
Shirley Schmidt: " Are you talking about our intimate relationship?"

N

Chuck_W

Second Unit

The issues are important but this show is not the platform for preaching. The wacky Crane/Shore banter does not mix well with Kelley in the pulpit.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member

But the speech Candice Bergen was giving seems to fit her personality and she did say she was the liberal of the bunch.

chuck_b

Supporting Actor
I really want to like this show and saw a spark last night with Candice's entrance. the problem I am having however, is unless Alan, Denny or now Candice is on screen, the show is medicore at best. How long bantering and zingers between the three of them can hold up will be interesting.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Poor Rhona only had one line. (Maybe not poor; on a dollars per line basis, she might be doing pretty well.)

The Bernie thing definitely feels like a retread from The Practice, especially given what happens next week (according to the promo).

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
1/16/05

I wasn't all that crazy about this episode.

Too bad it looks like we won't be done with the little murderous man subplot. Alan was a little shrill with him. Now Shirley did Alan wrong on so many level with the intro of Mrs. Piper (Betty White) as his new secretary after Alan's libido can't quite control itself around young nubile secretaries.

Too bad Sally got the heave-ho and cold way she was shown the door.

Did notice Denny sleeping through Shirley defense.

Chuck_W

Second Unit
The same old thing this week...which is sad to say for a show in its first season. BL will need to develop some depth to keep me tuning in for much longer. Sally's character was never given much chance to develop, but I think Kelley needed to make room to use Bergen's character as his mouthpiece.

BTW- congrats to shatner on the globe...

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I did laugh at Denny's reaction when he found out that it wsan't Streisand in that 3-some with him and Schmidt, but another guy.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
1/23/05

Good stuff regarding the inter-office politics.

Say it with me: LESBIAN!

Odo (Paul) finally makes the opening credits (a spot freed up upon Lake Bell's ouster). Loved it when Denny called Paul on brining in Shirley to shore up an alliance against him.

Brad's insecurity with dealing with a lesbian client, and his insatiable curiousity get the best of him, though he wins his case.

Denny's closing argument, using his own predicament, won his case for him, a case that Shirley pushed Alan as second chair to keep an eye on Denny. But the case was just an excuse for DAK to rail on the FDA.

Mrs. Piper continues to dole out the hurtful truth. :D

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
You said it, Bob!

Who was that actress playing her? I must do a Google image search...and soon. :D

Once again, I loved every moment with Alan, he takes the act of simply speaking and elevates it to a comedic artform. His line at the beginning regarding the lesbian "I like to watch"...I can relate, my man.
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Very sad revelation regarding Denny though. :frowning:

I could totally understand Brad's situation here. I mean what to do if you start to fall in love with a lesbian? Cold showers, I suppose.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks