What's new

Boston Legal ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Shore finds out that his nutty ex-girlfriend got her job back with her old firm and that she'll be staying in Boston, and Shore is still on the hook for being her guardian while in Boston. Cue Stalker music.

Michael Harris

Screenwriter
Thanks guys. I had a feeling it was leading to something that would keep her in Boston. Should be fun. Seems that Shore may actually have something to worry about.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
10/17/04

There were about 5-6 LOL moments in this episode, though it started with less verve, but go better as the hour unfolded.

I hope we never see Donnie Crane again.

Alan and Kristen firing barbs at one another through cross examination was pretty unsubtle, but needed.

Sally's rabbit story got a big chuckle out of me (just because that's what she'd do, go "literal" with Alan's advice for her close).

"Sally Heep" LOL!

Brad and his hyper-talk of synthetic food nuked his client's case.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
I swear I've heard Shatner tell that dog/rabbit story before(I think it was on the Tonight Show). Except when he told it... it was his dog!

Ric

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
10/24/04 "Change of Course"

Edwin Poole gets a free weekend pass from the looney bin, it would seem, and gets himself appointed counsel for a man charged with murder (with a voluntary confession in tow). Lori gets assigned to help Edwin because she has prosecutory experience in the DA office. The client isn't the nicest guy in the world. Lori is stuck defending a man she doesn't want to defend. Edwin has a good cross, but then blanks on the close, so Lori has to come up with a close on the spot. In the end, the client is convicted.

In order to destroy the key witness that could pin a shoplifting conviction on the firm's biggest client, Shore has Sally get the dirt on a clerk, and Shore pretty much promised the clerk to unload a ton of dirt to undermine him in public court. Sally is taken aback by Shore's legal viciousness. Later, Sally decides that Shore was putting on the show not for the clerk but for Sally herself. It appears that Shore has pushed another woman away.

The display Shore put on was pretty strong, over the top, and showed a pitbull mentality and ferociousness. Lori's subplot showed some of her legal prowess, and compassion for even her clients that don't deserve it. Overall, not a great episode, and slow in spots.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
I agree, Patrick, not a great episode. I think they need to find more for Shatner to do. Rhona Mitra has become all but invisible and Lori's character is a poor substitute for the Rebecca De Mornay character it appears to have replaced. I was really looking forward to this show based on The Practice last season, but it appears to be just plodding along without any concrete direction.

Chuck_W

Second Unit
Gary I agree that we need a little more from Shatner than "denny crane". If he's not necessary for the week's episode, save him and don't wear out the (nearly worn-out) one-liner.

I can appreciate the legal low Sally experienced in this episode after the high of winning her first case - good balance.

The thank you Shore received for saving the big client was handled nicely as well.

The Poole story was lame - the actors did the best they could with what they were given, but the story was a bit too farfetched.

BobbyPerry

Stunt Coordinator
I really want to like this show. I loved The Practice and loved Spader on The Practice, but I just can not get into this show. I really want to, but I am having lots of trouble.

Britton

Screenwriter
Is there any reason why Rene Auberjonois isn't listed as a series regular? He's been in every episode I've seen so far and seems to be as major a character as the others.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I dug the opening with Shore and Tara dressed up as Batman and Robin for Halloween.

The 3 cases were not too interesting, but all the characer bits in between were fun. Shore's already move on from Sally and hitting on Tara once again.

The glass eye gag happening twice was also unexpected, but Lori's reaction to each instance garnered a chuckle from me.

Denny seems to think he does have Alzheimer's, so he is going to get tested.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
At this point, I find myself tuning in because I enjoy the main cast, but... this show has NO flow!

Don't get me wrong, I am not married to linear story telling, but it is pretty obvious that Kelley does not have a long-range vision or direction for this program. Writers aimlessly toss out ideas, gags and concepts as though waiting to see if something is going to work or not.

The Practice spin-off episodes last season had so much promise... smart scripts, quirky storylines and engaging characters. Somewhere along the line, that magic went away. If this show continues doing what it's doing, it will be lucky to make it through a full season, IMO.

Evan Lee

Stunt Coordinator
Finally, more Rhona Mitra!;) ;)

As for the show not having any sense of a long-range vision or direction, well that has not stopped any of the CSI's, Without a Trace, and all of those other shows from doing well.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Rhona as Robin was pretty nice. I thought it'd been funny if Rhona was dressed up as Tomb Raider for Halloween (since she was one of the early live action Lara Croft models).

MikeFR

Supporting Actor
I'm finding this show pretty funny, the cases aren't too interesting but that's not the reason I am watching anyway.

Shatner's "Im going to sleep with your wife" line was hilarious.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
11/8/04

Just a guess regarding the case with the guy needing his child's stored cord blood:

He's not the child's biological father, thus the ex-wife is refusing to allow him access to the cord blood for fear of her infidelity to be exposed.

NolanJ

Second Unit
Denny Crain's "golden shower" slip was one of the funniest things I've heard on TV this season.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Alan laid the smackdown on the incoming mayor, nice scene.

Lori's dilemna (whether to reveal the truth of her client's son not being his biological son) wasn't all that interesting in how it played out (another lie to cover out the first lie, and also get the heat off of her from Peter).

No Brad.

Sally's case wasn't as funny as it could have been, even it was used to to allow Denny to bring in some business after Peter gave him the "you're not pulling your weight" speech to Denny.

Alway good to see Dana Delaney on TV. The character moments between her character and Alan were pretty good, and the ending with Alan and that mysterious/delicious backside of a woman in that cheesy Aloha motel was a good reveal when Tara was shown to be the woman in bed.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks