What's new

BOSE Speakers? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
If the person you're living with is adamant, and I do mean adamant about having the Bose and there is no way talking them out of it, you'll have to decide whether buying them and still regularly getting laid at night is worth the purchase.

cabreau

Second Unit
Evan M., I thought that the AE700 was under $2k?

Yep, those Sonus Fabers....I'm not impressed with those. Maybe I was listening to a bad source or something. Anyhow, I wasn't impressed. I think the Mosaics blow them away. Heck, I think the Studio 100s easily blow them away. But that's just my ears talking (or hearing?).

Evan M.

Supporting Actor
I agree Cabreau.....those Mosaic do sound better than the Sonus. The cheapest that 700 that I saw was 2199$......I think it lists for 2999!!!!! The 500 could be had for under 2000. By the time I get the projector I could probably expect to pay about 1200$ for the 4805. It will only be for DVD's so i think the 700 may be overkill.

JamesCB

Second Unit

OMG. Could you imagine what Bose would do if the white van guys made a speaker set that looked alot like Bose and called them something like Base, Boss or Boes?

Bose's lawyers would be out of the gate before the vans even hit the street. LOL.

James

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter
Dr. Amar Bose would have everyone in his company (accountants, lawyers, janitors, etc.) take up arms and hit the streets.

LOL, that would be funny.

Martice

Screenwriter
How about these?

GR Research

http://www.gr-research.com/performer/av1plus.htm

Do a search on this forum and Audio Asylum and you may find that these could be the speakers for you.

They also just released some real cool surround speakers:

http://www.audiocircle.com/circles/v...ic.php?t=10915

These are sold as kits but a few guys around here will build the kits for you. Although the guy below me is no longer making them, you should take a look at the finished on the cabinets that he has done.

Link Removed

Custom finish and wonderful sounding speakers.

Good Luck with whatever you choose.

DonJ

Second Unit
Hmm the guy who started this tread never came back. I wonder if he was a TROLL!?!

James_Welch

Agent
I listened to the pair of4k Sonus Fabers at tweeter and at best I was unimpressed. Maybe the salespeople at tweeter have no ideal how to set these speakers up properly? There was no highs, no lows…….

JohnSmith

Supporting Actor
I'm Packard Bell produced speakers identical the Bose stacked cube things. Probably the same OEM company in the Far East, one company slaps their own logo and adds 1000% profit margin ;)

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Given that the original poster has not returned and that he does bear all the traits of a troll and that we have had so many threads devoted to the (deserved) discrediting of this company and its products, I hereby close this thread. And let's scoop up all those worms and put them back into the can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks