What's new

Bose or klipsch setup? noob here. (1 Viewer)

Jeremy Little

Supporting Actor

Tell them to ring it up with a HTR-5750 in place of the receiver, it will package out just the same. The package is either a Sony or Yamaha, just like the Klipsch packages allow. If I have any say in the matter, I never let my customers buy a STRDE Sony if there is a Yamaha to be had at the same price point.

Pete Bishop

Agent
Hey Jeremy,

I tried everything with those guys. They rang out the package and it wouldn't take. I tried to talk with the manager and he wouldn't match the price for me. They actually kind of pissed me off. I guess that's corporate america for you.

Pete Bishop

Agent
Hey Jeremy,

I tried everything with those guys. They rang out the package and it wouldn't take. I tried to talk with the manager and he wouldn't match the price for me. They actually kind of pissed me off. I guess that's corporate america for you.

Dennis Gardner

Stunt Coordinator
Pete,

I don't know much about Velodyne's entry-mid level subs. I have heard that their HGS subs are quite nice, but so is the price. How much are you looking to spend on a sub?

DG

Dennis Gardner

Stunt Coordinator
Pete,

I don't know much about Velodyne's entry-mid level subs. I have heard that their HGS subs are quite nice, but so is the price. How much are you looking to spend on a sub?

DG

Jeremy Little

Supporting Actor
Well, the employees you are dealing with are *not* trying hard enough at all, it will work. I think it is amazing that some BB employees make you work so hard to give them your money. I'm sorry I can't help more from where I'm at, do you have another BB nearby?

Jeremy Little

Supporting Actor
Well, the employees you are dealing with are *not* trying hard enough at all, it will work. I think it is amazing that some BB employees make you work so hard to give them your money. I'm sorry I can't help more from where I'm at, do you have another BB nearby?

Pete Bishop

Agent
The next BB is 2 hours away. I noticed when the guy rang out the system he only rang out a quantity of one on the fronts and the rears. Do you work at BB?

Pete Bishop

Agent
The next BB is 2 hours away. I noticed when the guy rang out the system he only rang out a quantity of one on the fronts and the rears. Do you work at BB?

Zack<P>

Agent
pete i would deffinately go with the velodyne sub if it is possible. i picked one up about a year ago and have never been happier.this was a 10 inch sub i put in a 30/40 room(used to be my ht room before i moved)the sub was awsome nothing but thumbs up from me to velodyne.

Zack<P>

Agent
pete i would deffinately go with the velodyne sub if it is possible. i picked one up about a year ago and have never been happier.this was a 10 inch sub i put in a 30/40 room(used to be my ht room before i moved)the sub was awsome nothing but thumbs up from me to velodyne.

Jeremy Little

Supporting Actor

Yes, I do work for Best Buy. If there is ANYTHING left out at all, it will not package price when the total button is hit. The package consists of 2 fronts and 2 rears, so there must be a pair of each rang up as well as the center, sub, and receiver.

Jeremy Little

Supporting Actor

Yes, I do work for Best Buy. If there is ANYTHING left out at all, it will not package price when the total button is hit. The package consists of 2 fronts and 2 rears, so there must be a pair of each rang up as well as the center, sub, and receiver.

Shawn C

Screenwriter
If it were me, I would do the Klipsch setup.

There is a LOT of room to upgrade into the Klipsch family of speakers if you ever outgrow your new system.

That's kinda what I did. I ugraded piece by piece until I had a complete reference 7 system. You can mix and match the lower model lines of the Klipsch with some of the higher stuff and it will still sound reasonable.

Shawn C

Screenwriter
If it were me, I would do the Klipsch setup.

There is a LOT of room to upgrade into the Klipsch family of speakers if you ever outgrow your new system.

That's kinda what I did. I ugraded piece by piece until I had a complete reference 7 system. You can mix and match the lower model lines of the Klipsch with some of the higher stuff and it will still sound reasonable.

Pete Bishop

Agent
I ordered my Polk system today at crutchfield. I emailed BB in regards to them not letting me change receivers for that package and this is how they responded:

"Pete,

Thank you for contacting Best Buy about products and promotions. I'm
Sonia with Customer Care.

We understand your disappointment about the store manager not allowing you to upgrade the receiver in the home theater package that you want. When the manufacturers offer a special price on a package, we are
unable to substitute the components of the package and honor the package price. We appreciate your comments, and we will relay this information to the manufacturer so they may improve future offerings.

Thank you for sharing your comments with Best Buy. Please don't hesitate to contact us with additional questions or concerns."

Sounds like the same old corporate scripted answer to me. Thanks BB.

Pete Bishop

Agent
I ordered my Polk system today at crutchfield. I emailed BB in regards to them not letting me change receivers for that package and this is how they responded:

"Pete,

Thank you for contacting Best Buy about products and promotions. I'm
Sonia with Customer Care.

We understand your disappointment about the store manager not allowing you to upgrade the receiver in the home theater package that you want. When the manufacturers offer a special price on a package, we are
unable to substitute the components of the package and honor the package price. We appreciate your comments, and we will relay this information to the manufacturer so they may improve future offerings.

Thank you for sharing your comments with Best Buy. Please don't hesitate to contact us with additional questions or concerns."

Sounds like the same old corporate scripted answer to me. Thanks BB.

Drew_W

Screenwriter
You can substitute anything here at Best Buy and pay the difference. I wouldn't expect it to be different anywhere else.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks