What's new

Bose Lifestyle 35 or V30? (1 Viewer)

kdossjojo

Auditioning
Real Name
Kennedy Doss
Gurus:

I am at the moment debating on buying either a Lifestyle 35 or a V30. I already have a PS3 which I will be using as a Blu-ray player. I will be running the wires by hiring an electrician who is helping me out in this. Please let me know which would be better for me? I am leaning towards a V30. Is there something which I need to know before I start running the cables/wires?

Any input would be most appreciated.

Regards,
-Kennedy

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
I wouldn't go with either one. For less than the $2500+ either of those systems will cost you, you can get a receiver and separate 5.1 speaker system that will FAR outperform the Bose and be more expandable in the future.

Unless you're really hung up on going with Bose, I would suggest you start threads in the receiver and speaker forums to solicit input on alternatives.

With that kind of money at your disposal, you can get a great receiver for $500 and have a solid $2k left for speakers. That's a pretty good budget, again, you'd be wasting it going with a Bose system.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
+1 on Jason's post. Also, why are you using an electrician. Run the wires yourself and use that money for even better speakers. While audio and video formats change, good speakers can last a lifetime.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Most electricians don't know what they are doing when it comes to low voltage wiring. Make sure any low voltage cable is at least 16" from his electrical wire, never sharing the same holes! If they cross it needs to be at a 90 degree angle (perpendicular). I second the suggestion about using a decent receiver with a good pair of speakers. It will sound better than the Bose, be more flexible and easier to upgrade.

FreyTheater

Stunt Coordinator
Amish Country - Lancaster County, Pennsylvania
Real Name
Troy Frey
Bose is certainly not very favored amongst audiophiles, that's for sure - just Google "Bose hate" and see what you get... I was never impressed with any of their equipment, and it is definitely WAY overpriced for what you get.

I owned a pair of Bose 601 speakers about 15 years ago that sold new for well over $600, and I thought they sounded pretty good, until a friend of mine gave me a free pair of old 1974 Large Advent speakers he had stored in his garage for 15 years. The 601's had two 8" drivers, one angled up at 45 degrees, and 4 3" tweeters pointing is different directions for the infamous Bose Direct-Reflection feature... The Advent cabinets were half the size of the 601s, and had a single front-firing 10" woofer and tweeter. I hooked them up in a side by side comparision, and the older Advents just thoroughly blew away the Bose speakers - the sound was like night and day. Needless to say, my Bose speakers were sold within the week and gone for good!

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
I join the others in strongly urging the OP not to buy Bose. The inferiority of their speakers is not just a matter of opinion. They are objectively inferior. They measure worse and are cheaply constructed, in addition to simply sounding worse, all while being very overpriced. That makes them a bad buy all around.

huber13

Grip
Real Name
Mike Huber
No Highs No Lows They Must Be Bose! Unless your not intrested in decient sound the BOSE make a good choice. Hay, If you got money to throw around I'll give you my address. I take checks or cash.

CB750

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bill
Kenny,

If could you please share with us what prompted you to audition a Bose Lifestyle system? Was it the Bose Demonstration, Marketing, Reputation, Recommendation of a friend, Personal Experience, small cubes, or other factors that attracted you to Bose?

Have you listened to any other component systems that were in your $2,500 price range.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks