What's new

Borders 30% off 1 item through 9/8...and beyond? (1 Viewer)

Doug Pyle

Second Unit
Real Name
Doug
I appreciate the word on these coupons. Borders is expensive, and only with these coupons do they approach reasonable prices.

However, I though I'd share my experience bringing the 30% off coupon to the local Borders, along with a printout of Amazon.com prices for Blu Ray discs. Even after 30% off at Borders, everything on the Amazon.com list was still cheaper. 30% off was still too high so I bought online at non-discount prices and saved more than I would using the Borders 30% off price.

I don't know if this high-price trend applies to CDs and standard DVDs, but I suspect it does.

Barry_B_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Barry

Doug, this is precisely the reason I (and maybe many others) get so excited when the big 30% coupon rolls out. Borders is way more expensive than most local stores; the reason I keep going back? The SELECTION is way more extensive than most local stores in my area. No one can touch the number of Criterions they stock, let alone a lot of older, off-beat titles and international titles. The coupon kinda gives me a feeling that I'm not paying too much for something I know I can find elsewhere cheaper, but walk into a store pick it up and watch it the same evening. I also wait for the DDD bi-annual sales, but that's another topic :)

Bob Graham

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Graham
I think the bottom line on Borders is that they are a bookstore and tend to pick their titles with a bookstore mentality (i.e. with some oddball, eclectic items) as opposed to a store like Best Buy that considers itself an entertainment store and tends to pick titles with a popularity-mentality. No judgement intended, I shop at both places for different types of titles.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
The 40% is for DVD and CD box sets of at least 3 CDs. I have been looking at the David Crosby boxed set for a while. I might go to Borders tomorrow to see if they have it in stock.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I tried to order the Dick Cavett - Hollywood Greats set (that was released many months ago) from DeepDiscount during their sale...but they changed the release date on a number of TV sets to June 19. :angry:

So, I might use the 40% off Borders coupon on the set...which will bring it down to $24 (from $40).

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
I was going to get Deadwood 3 at BB or use this coupon at Borders, but either of those meant a lot of miles and petrol, so I bought it at WalMart for $59.96.

I feel dirty.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

That's for sure, Ric! I stopped in Saturday afternoon to pick up my pre-ordered Potter (they were still handing out posters). I still had one of THESE with me, though...just in case I spotted something else! ;)

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
To derail the topic even more...

After watching the new Potter film this weekend, I decided to read all of the books. (A friend told me that I really shouldn't just go ahead and read books six and seven because I would have missed out on alot of stuff). So my question is... How likely will it be that I find out what happens in book seven before I can get to it?

I'm thinking... pretty likely! I'm still only halfway through book one (the shortest of the seven!).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks