What's new

Borders 30% off 1 item through 9/8...and beyond? (1 Viewer)

Barry_B_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Barry
Make that 10-13-06; we've procrastinated but are heading there now!
htf_images_smilies_dance.gif

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
How anticlimactic. So I print out a couple of coupons, ready to give Borders my cash, but it turns out that 99% of the "non-sale" stuff (which is what the coupon is good for) is still not competitive with other retailers even after the 30% discount! :eek:

I did buy one thing: Seven Samurai. That came out to roughly $35. Yes I could have bought it from DVD Planet for a couple of bucks less, but shipping would have washed that out, and I got instant gratification this way.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Yeah...you really have to be selective since this coupon is clearly for regular price only.

HOWEVER...here's a different coupon...which you might find works more to your advantage. Nowhere does it say it cannot be used with the sale price...which makes sense since it is not a "one item" coupon. It even makes the point that it CAN be used with a personally shopping day discount (although, I believe, all coupons can).

This is $10 off a purchase of $35 or more @ Borders.

Not sure if this date will also keep getting extended. This might be it. Expiration is 10-18-2006.

Carlo: I wonder if you might have done better on Seven Samurai with this coupon?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i used that today.

12.99 calender minus 25% with coupon ...= 9.74 (teachers discount)
14.99 high anxiety ---- 20% with coupon =11.99 (not sure)
29.99 brazil new edition sale price ..........=22.99

minus the 10 off 35

total

so i was able to get the teachers discount and another 20% that i dont know what that was.

may have been connected to the teacher thing dvds may only be 20%

we didnt ask for the teacher %
after she scanned the 10 off she asked if we were teachers, wife is, so she scanned another thing for the additional % off.

i think it works out to about 33% off after all the discounts

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
So, Tony....the Brazil was $29.99...and the sale price was $22.99? And you got no percentage off for the Brazil DVD?

This was the one-disc? I think my Borders had it for $19.99...but that was the week it was released. They might have raised it since then.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

:emoji_thumbsup: I just keep going back...printing up a few coupons to keep in my car in case I find myself at one of my local Borders. Then, I bump the thread! Glad to help Travis! :D

Dave: Signing up is easy. And it just allows them to track your purchases. The upside is...after you spend so much $$$ they give you a "personal shopping day" in which you can take another 10% off all your purchases for an entire day....and it IS allowed to be used on sale items and with coupons. No problems!

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I had jumped the gun earlier at being excited about this coupon until I read the fine print about it being off of regular prices only.

And then I recently bought Pro Tools and needed a couple of instructions books for the holidays, so I didn't want to pay Amazon 1 day shipping to get it here by Turkey Day, since I was traveling visiting family. I finally used this coupon for the Pro Tools books and woo-hoo! near Amazon prices but with instant gratification!

Thanks again to everyone who keeps us updated!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks