What's new

Booth Bijou Garage Theater (1 Viewer)

Bobofbone

Second Unit
Real Name
Bob
Mark Booth said:
I think Brian is just making a suggestion. :) Thanks, Brian!

Ma

Nope. Just reporting. Look at your email.

Although it might be nice if a separate forum could be set up for theater of the month. Selected pictures could be showcased, and the person who built the theater could give a few comments if the original thread either doesn't have enough or is long. My guess is that alot of the people on this forum have followed the builders threads. But, a separate forum showcasing the Theater of the Month might attract more people who don't regularly visit here.

Seriously-your concept of converting the space you have and letting lots of other people enjoy it with you is somewhat unique.Great execution of a great idea. Cudos!!

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
Bobofbone said:
Nope. Just reporting. Look at your email.

Although it might be nice if a separate forum could be set up for theater of the month. Selected pictures could be showcased, and the person who built the theater could give a few comments if the original thread either doesn't have enough or is long. My guess is that alot of the people on this forum have followed the builders threads. But, a separate forum showcasing the Theater of the Month might attract more people who don't regularly visit here.

Seriously-your concept of converting the space you have and letting lots of other people enjoy it with you is somewhat unique.Great execution of a great idea. Cudos!!
Well, I'm appreciative but at a loss to understand what you are talking about. I don't have an email from you or anyone else regarding the subject.

On the main page, the HT of the month is the pirate themed HT.

Confused!

Mark

davidmatychuk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Matychuk
Sharing your home theatre with family and friends isn't the only use of a home theatre, but I think it's the best one. Keep enjoying the Booth Bijou, Mark, and I'll thank you to carry on with your updates. They're pure fun.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Mark Booth said:
Well, I'm appreciative but at a loss to understand what you are talking about. I don't have an email from you or anyone else regarding the subject.

On the main page, the HT of the month is the pirate themed HT.

Confused!

Mark

Mark, I too got an email from the HTF mailing list earlier in the week, it was kind of a newsletter thing of the monthly happenings on the board, and your home theater was indeed cited in the email! And you know what? It's absolutely worth the recognition. I continue to enjoy your postings and double bills!

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
Thanks, Josh! Well, that helps explain what Bob was talking about. Unfortunately, I did not receive that email. I just double-checked my inbox, trash and junk box and no sign of an email from (or regarding) Home Theater Forum. I've received emails from the forum in the past, but not this one.

Mark

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
In other news...

We had to add an additional shelving unit to hold our growing collection of movies!

i-VCcspJn.jpg

That left us with some blank space in our main shelving area:

i-d368hVc.jpg

The two together in one photo:

i-Lrbp59W.jpg

Mark

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
Josh Steinberg said:
I like the new shelving unit - the box sets in the top row look particularly classy!

Thanks! I'll keep those box sets on display like that as long as I can. But, eventually, the box sets will have to go back in a closet and those upper shelves will be filled with more standard Blu-ray cases. But that won't be for another year or two, I believe. I've currently got enough space to add another 100 titles or so (not counting those box set shelves).

BTW, the bottom shelf of the new unit contains all of the movie DVDs left in our collection. They don't even take up the full width of the bottom shelf (a little over two-thirds of the bottom shelf). In addition to those, we have all the Seinfeld season and all of The Sopranos seasons on DVD in a drawer in another room.

I haven't purchased a DVD in more than 8 years.

Mark

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Mark Booth said:
Thanks! I'll keep those box sets on display like that as long as I can. But, eventually, the box sets will have to go back in a closet and those upper shelves will be filled with more standard Blu-ray cases.

I run into the same problem at my home too - all of my mega sets used to have a fully displayed space on the top of the shelving unit, and now I have to double or triple them up to get them all to fit. Sometimes I can at least stagger them so that taller ones (like the "Lawrence Of Arabia" larger box) can go in the back row and still be visible while "Bond 50" can go in front of that. Not ideal but at least I can see/find everything. I like in an apartment so there's not much closet space for Blu-rays, so I'm always searching for creative ways to fit my collection Tetris-style on a fixed number of shelves.

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
We are still trying to decide what to show next in the Booth Bijou and when to show it. Either 'Kingsman: The Secret Service' or 'McFarland USA'. Both come to Blu-ray next week and we've already seen both (and loved them). I don't want to show them together, I'd rather our B-movie be something older and deserving of another showing.

My gut is telling me to show 'McFarland USA' and pair it with another inspirational sports-themed movie. We'll see.

The when is even tougher. We have a pretty busy upcoming calendar.

Mark

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
It's Kevin Costner Sports Movie night, coming up next at the Booth Bijou Garage Theater!

i-vTwHqv2-X2.jpg

i-99WBRtr-X2.jpg

This evening has already "sold out" (less than 24 hours) and we have three people on the waiting list.

Mark

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
I purchased 4 new titles this week and when I entered them into my database I discovered that the last one put me at exactly 1,000 titles on Blu-ray and HD DVD! Craziness!!

Mark

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
The Booth Bijou Garage Theater is temporarily closing. You see, we are expecting to park a new Miata in our garage within the next couple of weeks and until there is a good car cover for the new model (for when we park it in the driveway on movie nights), it's staying in the garage (when we aren't driving it).

I expect the Booth Bijou Garage Theater to resume normal bi-monthly operation sometime in late July or early August.

Mark

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Mark Booth said:
The Booth Bijou Garage Theater is temporarily closing. You see, we are expecting to park a new Miata in our garage within the next couple of weeks and until there is a good car cover for the new model (for when we park it in the driveway on movie nights), it's staying in the garage (when we aren't driving it).
ND envy.

davidmatychuk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Matychuk
Mark Booth said:

I expect the Booth Bijou Garage Theater to resume normal bi-monthly operation sometime in late July or early August.

Mark
Until then, if anybody asks, you can say you're showing "cars 2".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks