What's new

Book Binding? (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
I have an exstensive comic book collection. However, it looks like none of these volumes will ever be circulated in collectable grahpic novels in my life time. Also, none of them are either rare or valueable..

They also don't look nice displaying them on a book shelf. Is there a company that can 'bind' these vollumes proffesionally into a hard cover book of the same size? OR would there be copyright issues that would prevent them from doing that?

I'd hate to throw them out, but they look terrible on display, and having them in regular book form would have them get re-read a bit more often...

Artur Meinild

Screenwriter
As far as I know, there would be no issues related to binding a number of magazines into one hard cover book. I would assume that you can find a book binder that could do this for you, I've seen it done before here in DK at least...

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
As far as I know it can be done rather easily. Don't know the cost, but it used to be a common practice for scientifical magazines (perhaps someone at a public library could give you a useful tip). Also, I know of at least one system (with fine, slightly flexible iron rods) that can hold magazines (of the same size) in a hardcover without the need for any damage to the paper. Don't know its name, though, or where to get it.

Cees

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
Cees, from memory I think that magazine binding can be very expensive.

How about putting each comic into a separate clear folder with punch holes down one side (of the folder, not the comic - these are widely available in the UK, so I can't believe they're not available in the USA) and putting them in good-looking ring files? You'll have to lift each comic out of its folder in order to read it, but that way they will at least retain their value and be in their original format.

Stacie

Stunt Coordinator
Neil,

There might be something here that will help you:

Demco.com

Try "Magazine Protection" under "Library Supplies."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks