What's new

Bones Season 9 (1 Viewer)

Stan

Senior HTF Member
One of my favorite shows. Actually like the supporting characters more than the main "stars".

Camille and Caroline, along with the rotating interns are what really help make this show so good.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
My least favorite intern - Daisy Wick - starts the season. Ugh!

It was a difficult show to watch with the rift between Booth and Brennan. Got a nice payoff by the end, but their angst was distracting enough to keep me from paying full attention to the case.

I have read there will be a new big bad by the second half of the season so thankfully Pelant will be toast by sweeps. He's hung around much too long for the good of the show.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Matt Hough said:
My least favorite intern - Daisy Wick - starts the season. Ugh!

It was a difficult show to watch with the rift between Booth and Brennan. Got a nice payoff by the end, but their angst was distracting enough to keep me from paying full attention to the case.

I have read there will be a new big bad by the second half of the season so thankfully Pelant will be toast by sweeps. He's hung around much too long for the good of the show.
Daisy is back? I agree with you, Ugh!. My favorites are the Michael Grant Terry character and the guy playing Arastoo. But also like the banter between "Thurston" and "Opie".

Pelant has never been a favorite "villain" of mine, Howard Epps was great, think they got rid of him way to soon. Also enjoyed Taffet, the "Grave Digger", but losing her head pretty much ended her participation in the show.

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
Daisy has gotten even more annoying and useless since she broke up with Sweets.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I don't mind Daisy at all, although none of the rotating assistants really excite me. I still miss Zach. I'm also very tired of Pelant and am very tired of the multiple villains that stick around. I'd prefer the murder of the week, solve it, move on.

I also think this show is very tired and I hope this season is the last. I want to finish out Bones, but don't know if I will last through a season after this one. I'm really weary of the gross-out factor they wallow in each weak. Remember when Bones complained when there was too much flesh?

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I think they setup with giant blinking lights the fall of Pelant by having the CIA owe Booth a favor. We'll see, but I'm hoping that wraps soon

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
A more enjoyable episode than the premiere with a welcome return for Tony and Roxy, but, dear god, now they must pull both Sweets and Cam into their own separate angst stewpots. Now every single major character is struggling with some kind of upset. I had read on some spoiler site that one of the regulars will be departing at some point this season. Looks like now they're building up to just that thing happening to one of them.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Talk about anticlimactic! Three seasons of enduring the Pelant monstrosities against mankind, and it was all because he was in love with Tempi?

And that final confrontation. Lame beyond belief! A single bullet, and it's over? Truly, I am not convinced it is actually the end of him. I'm wondering if he hasn't left other booby traps behind.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
It did seem anticlimactic, but I hope, and believe, that it is thankfully over. The Pelant storyline was probably my second least favorite storyline on Bones only surpassed by what they did to Zach's character. I don't mind a recurring villain in a season long story arc, but (as others have pointed out elsewhere on the HTF) I am getting tired of these omniscient super villains. Dude, if you have those kind of abilities make some money and kick back and enjoy life.

- Walter.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Walter Kittel said:
It did seem anticlimactic, but I hope, and believe, that it is thankfully over. The Pelant storyline was probably my second least favorite storyline on Bones only surpassed by what they did to Zach's character. I don't mind a recurring villain in a season long story arc, but (as others have pointed out elsewhere on the HTF) I am getting tired of these omniscient super villains. Dude, if you have those kind of abilities make some money and kick back and enjoy life.

- Walter.
Oh you have expressed exactly how I feel about those super villains, I'm very tired of them. Yes, Pelant and the Zach thing I hated. I liked the Zach character very much. I wonder if the actor pissed off the producers?

I also hate how over the top the gore has become. It tends to be cartoony, but I really hate it. Bones didn't start out this way. Temperence used to complain when the bones were inconveniently covered with flesh. Now it's juicy, juicy, juicy. :wacko:

I've become so apathetic about Bones that I don't mind reading these spoilers (I'm a couple episodes behind). The only reason I'm still watching it is because my wife likes it.

KevinGress

Supporting Actor
Johnny Angell said:
Oh you have expressed exactly how I feel about those super villains, I'm very tired of them. Yes, Pelant and the Zach thing I hated. I liked the Zach character very much. I wonder if the actor pissed off the producers?

I also hate how over the top the gore has become. It tends to be cartoony, but I really hate it. Bones didn't start out this way. Temperence used to complain when the bones were inconveniently covered with flesh. Now it's juicy, juicy, juicy. :wacko:

I've become so apathetic about Bones that I don't mind reading these spoilers (I'm a couple episodes behind). The only reason I'm still watching it is because my wife likes it.
Wow, my thoughts are almost completely in line with Johnny's that I could just repost his. :) Although I don't mind the idea of the super villain. I thought Gormogon was awesome until they turned Zach into his patsy - I really wish they'd revisit his storyline and get him out of the mental institution. And the Grave Digger was good until revealed it was a she (sorry; she simply didn't have the strength to lug people like Hodgins or Booth around). But Pelant was horrible - not scary and too powerful - just not believable. And I'm a couple of episodes behind too! :)

I too hope they finish it off this season - I still like the characters, but it's a shell of its former self and it's just time for it to ride off in the sunset....

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Re: Bones villains. For recurring bad guys I liked the episodes with Howard Epps (going way back) and Jacob "Hand of God" Broadsky. Off the top of my head, two of the more effective antagonists on the series.

- Walter.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Walter Kittel said:
Re: Bones villains. For recurring bad guys I liked the episodes with Howard Epps (going way back) and Jacob "Hand of God" Broadsky. Off the top of my head, two of the more effective antagonists on the series.

- Walter.
Neither was dragged out the length of three seasons. That's why they were both so effective.

I'm working on the review for last season's box set right now. Apart from the Pelant episodes, I think it was a good season with a couple of "very special episodes" which stood out.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Matt Hough said:
Talk about anticlimactic! Three seasons of enduring the Pelant monstrosities against mankind, and it was all because he was in love with Tempi?

And that final confrontation. Lame beyond belief! A single bullet, and it's over? Truly, I am not convinced it is actually the end of him. I'm wondering if he hasn't left other booby traps behind.
If I remember correctly, the Gormogon ending was quite anti-climatictic. We never saw him till just before he got it. I believe I thought the actor playing G had no screen presence. Just came across as a bit player.

What I really did not like about Pelant is how they made him into a superman, hacker wise. It appeared no one on earth could evade his observation. What a load of crap.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
According to the show's creator, the next big bad will do his evil hiding in the shadows. But that's what The Gravedigger did for two seasons before she was unmasked, and then we had another season of them trying to put her away.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Haven't they already introduced the next villain? There was Pelant pointing out multiple murders all done by one woman. That's the next super villain.

BTW, have they just dropped the Cam's identity theft problem? It wasn't solved and there's been no reference to it since then.

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
Johnny Angell said:
Haven't they already introduced the next villain? There was Pelant pointing out multiple murders all done by one woman. That's the next super villain.
But they also played that off as Pelant lying to set up the location.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Wow. I came into this show a bit late in the game, but it was entertaining enough for the past three seasons I've been watching. But it looks like it's the end of the road for me. I've been staring at Bones on my DVR with dread as of late, and only watched it last night because I read that they finally resolved the ridiculous Pelant story line. "Anti-climactic" is an understatement.

At this point, the show is clearly running on fumes. I might try it again if I read it's getting better, but I have too much good TV to watch to bother wasting my time with this show. It's slightly better or slightly worse than CSI, but my wife still watches, so I'm going to cut my losses here.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks