What's new

Bones, season 4 (1 Viewer)

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
I thoroughly enjoyed both episodes. In the second one I initially thought the ice fishing scene was a flashback since the young boy resembled a younger version of Sweets.

KevinGress

Supporting Actor
While I'm sure in reality, if Booth was a prime suspect in a murder that he wouldn't be involved in the investigation aspect of the case, I really liked that episode. I hope we see that agent again, and possible involvement with Booth.

The circus episode had some funny lines in it - not to mention Cam's expression when she got Brennan to say she'd hook up a webcam of the performance.

And next week:

GraveDigger is back!

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
I think rotating the assistants was a great idea, especially Mr. Useless Facts. I love it whenever he shows up, and if his facts are real, then hey, we're learning something at the same time! :D

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
The circus ep was great! Emily in the circus outfit was yummy indeed and for some strange reason the eye patch did something for me lol.

Hey, we find out new things about ourselves everyday. ;)

I was a bit disturbed by the second episode in regards to Booth and his temper, I don't agree with him that it's merely brought on by the sport and it means nothing. It demonstrated, much like when he open fired on the ice cream truck a couple seasons back, that Booth can be a dangerous man and yet they glossed over it a bit too much I thought.

The fact that he had the dream and was told that he's not like his father is fine but it doesn't change the fact that his temper needs to be looked into before he really hurts someone. Wait, he already did, his beating of the fellow player was dark and no laughing matter I thought.

Bottom line, I agree with Sweets and I don't like this side of Booth it's , well, scary.

KevinGress

Supporting Actor

I like it. He can be scary and that gives legitimacy to his character. I think his statement to Sweets sums it up very well, "I've killed, but I've never murdered. There's a difference!"

I see Booth as a 'boy scout' or a 'white hat' character. He (for the most part) follows the rules - even if hurts him. 2 examples - he arrested Bones' brother. He could have looked the other way, but he didn't and he risked his relationship with her. 2) He gave up the RICO information to the state police. Now, he could have gone back and covered up the embarrassing information about where the dealer's body was found, but he didn't - he simply offered up something 'sweeter' to the police.

His anger just shows he's human and is realistic, given his character. I'd say that he's able to channel that anger into his career. Now, if he was to start roughing up suspects, then I might agree with you that it would be something that needed addressing.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Booth is at his most dangerous when he's defending others. He isn't gratuitously violent. The ice cream truck thing was more of an aberration, an extreme reaction to stress. (And even there he blew off steam in an extreme way without hurting anyone or putting anyone in danger. He's a good shot. He hits what he aims at.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif
)

In the hockey game the other player was at the very least bending the unwritten rules, going after "Booth's guys" in a way that was not acceptable and which both parties knew would have consequences. (Especially given the ref's refusal to enforce the written rules.) He used an amount of force appropriate to the (repeated) violation of the implicit compact that all the players recognized.

Now if Booth started wailing on the same guy when he wasn't protected by pads and they weren't playing a hockey game - say if he cut into line ahead of Booth at the diner - then I'd see it as a real problem. As presented I see Booth as a man with a lot of rage who knows how to channel and control it, and who only expresses it in defense of others. He wouldn't have gone off on that guy if he's simply been the target of some hard checks himself.

OTOH, Heaven help anyone who seriously threatens Temperance when Booth is around. If she's ever kidnapped I wouldn't want to be the guy who knows her whereabouts and who draws Booth as his interrogator. :eek:

Regards,

Joe

KevinGress

Supporting Actor
Darnit, Joseph, here you go and reword my post in such a way, that it's concise, understandable, and quite frankly, just better.

I say Darnit, Joseph!
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

KevinGress

Supporting Actor
What is it with the Bones writers that they can come up with excellent serial killer storylines only to have them peter out with the reveal?!

Not a bad show; had some good elements - Hodgin's reactions, finding out how Parker got his name, Jared stepping up for his brother, but Gravedigger was a major disappointment, and I still don't know what exactly to think about Teddy.....

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

And now we know the same applies to Temperance when Booth is the kidnap victim. Nice shot to the broken ribs, Bones. ;) And she doesn't even have anger issues.

I agree that the Gravedigger didn't live up to the hype, anymore than the Gormagon, er, Ghomenghast, Gomerpyle - whatever-his-name-was - did. But otherwise a good episode. Emily looked especially yummy with her hair up. And Temperance sure swings a mean suitcase. :D

Regards,

Joe

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
i'm surprised they actually came back and finished off this story thread from previous season(s).

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
It's interesting that this is the second time David Boreanaz directed an episode of one of his shows, and in both cases there was a scene inside a strip club.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

Well, if you were given your choice of four or five scripts you could direct, wouldn't you pick the one with the scene in the strip joint? The location scouting alone would make that a no-brainer, not to mention the casting sessions. ;)

I hope Strawberry Lust shows up at some point in the future - as an FBI trainee. :D

Regards,

Joe

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
I think because he wasn't personally involved in the strip club scene he directed on ANGEL (his character was bedridden because Boreanaz himself couldn't walk properly due to one of several knee surgeries he's had) he must have decided to fix that oversight this time.

;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks