What's new

Bones season 3 thread (1 Viewer)

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

No, I was watching the recording on my DVR, slightly time-shifted. :) (I also had to call my sister to tell her to make sure that my mom doesn't watch the teaser when she eventually gets around to watching this on her DirecTiVo. Mom has an absolute horror of rats, to say nothing of hairless baby rats nesting inside a badly decomposed puddle that used to be a basketball player.)

As I recall Angela and Hodgens were still at the planning stages of the wedding, and had only recently gone pulbic with their relationship. So it is quite plausible that Cam and Angela would talk about Hodgens but not specifically about the wedding.

Regards,

Joe

KevinGress

Supporting Actor

Actually, it was the episode where originally Hodgins asked Angela to marry him, the first time and she told him no. The next episode (not sure which one it was) talked about how he'd proposed and she'd turned him down. I pretty well figured that they'd edit that part out, but the whole Cam/Angela subplot screamed 'season 2'.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Can someone please explain to me what it was about this episode that made it get postponed?

It had nothing at all to do with the events that led to it being pulled.

The only thing in common was that it was on a college campus. If it would have been about a shooting, I could understand the PC police, but this was nothing at like that. I doubt anyone would have even gave it a second thought if it would have aired when it was supposed to.

I am getting really tired of people over-reacting to events for fear of looking non-PC.

This episode should not have been aired this far out of sequence. The characters were completely different. So much so, it probably has a lot of fans really confused right now. (those who didn't know it was from last year).

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
That's FOX for ya. They probably figured they'd get more money (via ratings) by airing it rather than keeping it a season 2 episode and including it on that DVD set.

I don't know.

I maintain they're idiots either way.

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
First, as a VT alum, I think that postponing the episode was a good idea. The scene with the team gathered after they learn of the murder and then one of the scenes at the end did have some thematic similiarities.

However, waiting an entire year was not a good idea. Blame the strike on that one. They could have gotten away just sliding it into a later date at the end of season 2. Or, do what Buffy did after Columbine, and run the "lost" episode the week before the season premiere. (Hmm...Boreanaz was in that one too.)

Still, regardless of the circumstances, it was an enjoyable episode. The only part I really found jarring with it being out of order was some of the talk about Booth being a jock, because I remember that being a point of discussion in another episode.

And if it really bothers anyone with airing order, when the DVD comes out, and you're going back and watching the entire series, just watch it when it was originally supposed to air. At least the episode is actually available to watch.

Joe, did you miss last week's episode with the bikes? That one was new.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I wonder if we will ever get to see the episode put back to it's original form when it is out on DVD?

That might be a good marketing ploy. I would have like to see the first time that Hodgins proposed to Angela.

I will always feel we got forced to watch a cobbled together, quick fix instead of getting it the way it was meant to be seen.

It really sucks that it was postponed to the following season. This means it will make it hard to simply change the order you watch the season 2 dvd set. Now, if you want to watch season 2 in the correct order, you have to wait until season 3 is out on dvd before you watch season 2.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Amusingly, the description on my DVR still included Hodgins trying to propose to Angela. What was really odd about it was that the replacement scenes still seemed to be reliant on the episode taking place last year, where Cam was still getting used to her co-workers.

Ah, well. It's an odd footnote now.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member

That had nothing to do with this episode. This episode was supposed to air near the end of season 2, after the proposal and immediate aftermath of that proposal.

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
Nick, this was supposed to be the episode that Hodgins proposed. He mentioned it in "Spaceman in a Crater" that aired on 5/2/07, when he told Booth he had already done it once.

Scott, I fail to see how this could be see as "cobbled together". From what I can tell, no one can quite yet figure out exactly what was edited, and if the Cam/Angela scenes were the new material, then they fit in with the show nicely.

It's already been announced that the original scenes will be a bonus on the season 3 DVD.

KevinGress

Supporting Actor

Excellent! I originally bought seasons 1 and 2 on DVD, partially because I was hoping to see that episode and where Hodgins proposed. Now that they've modified the episode, I was thinking that the best thing to do was to have that/those scene(s) as a bonus on the season 3 set.

And now next week they're going to show the baby episode they previewed after the Christmas episode. That one looks pretty good.

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
I'm assuming last week's show was the one that was originally supposed to air before the Christmas show, but was pulled to have more post-strike shows.

KevinGress

Supporting Actor

I don't think so. At least I never saw that one advertised like I did with the baby episode.

But it reminds me of a question- I read somewhere that Bones was going to air 6 episodes after the strike ended. Now, if true, if you count this week's and next week's, that means there'd only be 3 more episodes to go. Not leaving much in the way of tying up the cannibal storyline, or Hodgins/Angela's wedding/Angela's husband's, if either was their goal. Has anyone heard anything along those lines?

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
No comments for the past couple weeks, but last night? Damn. Sure, there's almost zero doubt that Booth will be back on duty soon - though maybe not in a large role until fall - but Brennan just absolutely dropping Pam without a second's thought? Badass and more than a little scary.

And I want to know why Hodgins was taking Pam's gun; was it just a safety thing or something else?

Also, next week -
please let's find out Sweets is the Sith Apprentice. He is annoying and I'd much rather have occasional Stephen Fry.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I was also amazed at Temperance capping that looney just like that, but Pam did draw down on her first so it was a clean shoot...right in the throat no less, yikes!

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Ah. It seemed a bit odd, though - not that there's going to be any doubt about what happened in that room, but given where they work, I figured that if Hodgins was alert enough to do that he wouldn't potentially contaminate the evidence by getting fingerprints on it. It just seemed like a weird thing to give screen time to that I wondered if something else was up.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

I didn't focus that much on the shot, and I've already deleted the episode from my DVR, but did Hodgens actually pick the thing up? I remember him more as pushing it out of the way, which wouldn't be that much of a problem even with bare hands provided he only touched the top of the weapon, the barrel or some other area where he wouldn't destroy other fingerprints. (Basically anywhere besides the grip and the tigger area.)

The other possibility is that he did somehow contaminate the evidence, and this is going to come back and bite Temperance at some point. But I don't think so.

As for Bones shooting the way she did - There's a scene in the Star Trek: TOS episode "Journey to Babel" where Spock's father, Ambassador Sarek, is a suspected of murdering another diplomat. When asked if his father is capable of such a killing, Spock concedes that given sufficient cause Sarek is quite capable of killing - "logically and efficiently." I think the same can be said of Temperance. Her partner had just taken a bullet meant for her and the shooter was getting ready to try again. Bones has been carrying a gun for self-defense for some time, and I'm sure she's worked to master shooting with the same single-minded thoroughness she brings to everything else she does. So no surprise she scooped up Booth's dropped weapons, aimed and fired in one smooth motion, and did so while showing little or no emotion.

Regards,

Joe

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
I don't think it would be your dark horse, because Eric Millegan said in a video interview on TV Guide's website that two characters would be hurt and/or hospitalized, including himself. Booth as we now know is the other. He also said he wasn't leaving the show and that they're actually shooting several episodes for season 4 now, which will involve Brennan and Booth going to England. Perhaps Stephen Fry's character will make an appearance despite moving to the U.S.? Don't know. Of course he could be lying, but I don't think so since the only real tidbit he revealed was that he and someone else will be hurt, but didn't say how.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks