What's new

Bones ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
i dunno if you guys have been following up but i haven't missed an ep thus far. i like hodgins cause he's the boss/overlord of EVERYONE in the facility there. hahahahah. that's awesome. just knowing that but being humble (sometimes) enough to work with everyone. i'd love to see where he lives someday =). i like how this series is developing.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
this last week was pretty uneven. they had several threads going on, i think 2many =).

did everyone see the hodgin's imitation of booth? that was awesome!@!!!! =).

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
this latest show continues to affirm what a great show this can become =). anyone else still watching this? it's still very good.

i'd love to see more eps dealing with booth's background. how he got his kid, etc. love to see how how her parents died. the latest ep explored it a bit. i wanna' see how the entire crew got together int he first place. it seems like they've been working together for a while prior to the start of the show.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I've been enjoying the show. The characters have grown on me a bit more than at the start.

Neil

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
After this latest episode with Adam Baldwin,
I've noticed a string of similarites regarding guest actors:

Episode 7: "The Man on Death Row"

- guest star Michael Mantell, who played hollywood agent Oliver Simon in both 'City Of' and 'Eternity', in season 1 of ANGEL.

(He was the guy said to Angel, 'You are a beautiful, beautiful man')

Also in that episode, guest Edward Edwards, who was one of Angelus' victims in the Buffy episode 'Amends'.

Episode 8: "The Girl in the Fridge"

-guest Leonard Roberts, who was part of 'The Initiative' in Buffy season 4, although he and Angel never met.

Episode 9: "The Man in the Fallout Shelter"

-guest Jim Ortlieb, who was in the ANGEL season 3 episode 'Lullaby', playing a Wolfram & Hart suck-up.

Episode 10: "The Woman at the Airport"

-guest Harry Groener, everybody's favorite evil Mayor of Sunnydale in season 3 of Buffy.

I'd like to think that these were mere coincidences, but I doubt they all were...plus I like the trivia. If only Baldwin's character's name was 'Canton' instead of 'Kenton'....you know where I'm going with this...:D

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
when you've worked around the TV industry for a while, stuff like that happens all the time. =). it's like any small industry. once you've been around the block once, you know someone and someone knows you.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Casting agents don't cast shows. :) The producers, and sometimes the episode director, makes the casting decisions. Casting agents or casting directors just screen the applicants and thin the herd, recommending actors for auditions. But actors can score auditions other ways, too. The producers may know an actor from a previous job, have a friend recommend someone for a role, the episode's writer may have had someone in mind for a part, the episode director may want a particular actor or one of the show's stars may suggest someone. Probably it is a combination of these things in the case of Bones. Boreanaz may have recommended actors, or he may have brought in directors from Angel who in turn recommended actors.

Regards,

Joe

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
didya feel that latest ep was a bit out of characters? she was dancing. that's when you know it gets a lil' out of hand. on the other hand, the 2 main characters just got a bit closer sorta like the scully+mulder thing that he referenced in the pilot or the 2nd ep.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Yea, Bones dancing was just not in charactor. Besides if Angel (lol) wanted to keep her safe, shouldn't he have wanted her to stay at work?

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
Well then, there you have it.

A wide variety of reasons for these familiar faces showing up, but coincidence? I think not. ANGEL was and is my all-time favorite show, so seeing these guest stars - especially since some were from Angel's 'Buffy' days and none were regulars, makes for interesting trivia that makes you think a bit. Knowing the show as well as I do, I wondered how many other ANGEL / Buffy viewers noticed them.

If someone like Alexis Denisof (Wesley from ANGEL) showed up, as interesting as that would be, it would be written off as a gimmick to an extent.

Familiar guest actors makes for good TV trivia - take the "LOST" character Sawyer, for example. When I started watching that show, I knew I had seen him somewhere before, and it took me a while to realize where - he was one of the vampires Angel dusted in the teaser for the pilot episode 'City Of'.

Even Boreanaz himself - who knew that one of the dozens of leather clad guys Al Bundy beat the hell out of for dating his daughter Kelly on "Married...With Children" would end up everybody's favorite vampire with a soul?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Actually, Brennan's personality is what attracts me to the show because she's just so unknowingly anti-pop-cultural, it's funny.

Wendy_L

Supporting Actor
Speaking of connections with Bones/Angel... I'm sure someone has already mentioned that Hodges was in a few episodes of Season 5 playing a Wolfram & Hart employee.

I love this show.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks