What's new

Bond Picture Show schedule, No Majestys? (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Just out of curiousity, the Ian Fleming.org site some weeks ago listed the Bond films order of telecast on ABC in the correct order. But as some of you know, they did not show "On Her Majesty's Secret Service".

Anyone know what it's fate will be in this telecast schedule?

Thanks. Nelson

Ryan L B

Supporting Actor
I think an ad said that they would only show 13 or 14 of them, in other words only the "Important" ones. OHMSS is not consitered important by ABC

Chris Lock

Second Unit
Get the box sets, then you won't care what's airing when. Not to mention the fact that the movies will be butchered on ABC anyway.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Chris-

I do have the box sets. It's been interesting though to watch the broadcasts. As I do have the DVD sets and the laserdiscs, but I never actually watched them in order before.

It's been interesting to see it this way as you see more clearly how the critics called Moore's Bond the lighter one. And this way, you really do see it.

But my main interest in seeing these films on ABC is to see what they will come up with by the hosting people. Like the Bond girl one, and Roger Moore of last week. The content so far has not been very enlightening and the DVD's have been the real source of good information. But it's compelling somehow to want to watch.

Nelson

Sam Hatch

Stunt Coordinator
I'm with you Nelson. I have all of the films on DVD and yet I still feel compelled to watch the ABC broadcasts on the rare occasion that I'm home Saturday night. And even when I do go out, I tell everyone else to watch.

My parents finally called me on it and asked why on earth I was so jazzed on pushing the butchered TV prints when the DVDs are so much better. Perhaps its just the thought that while I'm watching something like Goldfinger, I can know that tons of other people are doing the same. In a disconnected way, it's the closest thing mentally to experiencing the classic films with a group.

God, I'd love to see some of those in a theater. I was lucky enough to catch Thunderball and You Only Live Twice at a revival cine with my dad years back. If I could see a nice print of OHMSS on the big screen I'd probably poop myself!

BTW, I've been wondering how the ratings are for the Bond Picture Shows. Is anybody else watching despite all of the video releases?

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
God, I'd love to see some of those in a theater. I was lucky enough to catch Thunderball and You Only Live Twice at a revival cine with my dad years back. If I could see a nice print of OHMSS on the big screen I'd probably poop myself!
Better get out the Depends! I don't know how far it would be for you to drive, but visit Loew's Jersey May Calendar and spend the weekend with Bond, including On Her Majesty's Secret Service!

Sam Hatch

Stunt Coordinator
Wow!! Thanks for that excellent tip Peter!
It's probably a bit of a haul, but OHMSS and Dr. No are playing on a Saturday -- so I'm sure going to try to get there for at least one of them!
I'm heading out to the store to buy those Depends right now! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks