What's new

Spectre (2015) (1 Viewer)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Considering Spectre made 1/3 less at the box office than Skyfall I would say many Bond fans were disappointed.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Tino said:
Considering Spectre made 1/3 less at the box office than Skyfall I would say many Bond fans were disappointed.
It seems like there is some segment of Bond fans that are disappointed with every Bond film as there seems to always be a segment that is always disappointed with any new Star Wars film. You just can't please everybody. I thought the new Star Wars film was the best since Empire Strikes Back but there were plenty of complaints about it.

I liked Skyfall more than Spectre and thought Spectre was more for the fans of Roger Moore era Bond...but a lot of people that liked the Moore films did not like this one or they just plain dislike Craig.

I just feel like you should never expect to make everybody happy.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Tino said:
Amazing that Star Wars made more on a weekend than Spectre made in its entire run. [emoji15]
I think Star Wars appeals to a much wider audience and is thought of more as a family film and family films make more money than films aimed more at adults. I honestly think the Bond franchise is geared more toward 25 years old and up. I just can't see the teen audience caring too much about James Bond...having said that I realize a lot of us probably got into Bond when we were younger than that...I know I did...but those were different times.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I saw mission impossible rogue nation is $10 at target this week. I may cancel my Spectre preorder. Seems like titles are about half price a month or so after they are released?

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Osato said:
I saw mission impossible rogue nation is $10 at target this week. I may cancel my Spectre preorder. Seems like titles are about half price a month or so after they are released?
Some titles. Not all. Being a Best Buy elite member I get 45 days of price matching so I buy on release day and get a refund if it drops in that period.

Mikey1969

Second Unit
Real Name
M. Fox
I'll happily pass on buying Spectre immediately on blu-ray. Apart from not really liking the film, I'm a little bit ticked that it's such a barebones release at full price, and that it was released digitally weeks earlier. I'm also sure we'll get a full fledged special edition down the road. This will be the first time since 1984 that I haven't at least rented the new Bond film on the day it was released. That was the year Octopussy was released, initially on CED, ahead of the VHS release.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Mikey1969 said:
I'll happily pass on buying Spectre immediately on blu-ray. Apart from not really liking the film, I'm a little bit ticked that it's such a barebones release at full price, and that it was released digitally weeks earlier. I'm also sure we'll get a full fledged special edition down the road. This will be the first time since 1984 that I haven't at least rented the new Bond film on the day it was released. That was the year Octopussy was released, initially on CED, ahead of the VHS release.
Wow. I'm actually moving this way as well. Target is offering a few more extra features in it as an exclusive.
Sign of the times?

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
My copy showed up today and I have decided to keep it. Will watch it soon!

Michael Sloan

Auditioning
Real Name
Michael Sloan
I know this sounds ridiculous, but
having seen this film, I think it's the best Bond ever, and I think I've only missed a couple of them.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I know this sounds ridiculous, but
having seen this film, I think it's the best Bond ever, and I think I've only missed a couple of them.

You're absolutely right. It does sound ridiculous. [emoji12]

In all seriousness I was rewatching this tonight and was enjoying it much more than I did in the theater. And the wife LOVED it.

And that Forbes article is amusing. While Spectre is not a flop by any stretch of the imagination, it is considered to be a bit of a box office disappointment making a third less in the US and over $200 million less worldwide. Still a huge hit but definitely a step back at the box office.

Last edited:

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
I liked it well enough but I did find it all terribly predictable. I usually suck at figuring out mysteries, but almost as soon as any plot point was presented, I came to a conclusion about what it would be... and I was disappointingly correct on most counts.

Or maybe I've just seen too God damn many Bond movies and need to move on.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Just watched Spectre.

I loved it.
Bond is probably my favorite film series anyway and this was more like what I like in a bond film then the previous Craig films but I liked them too.

Waltz as Blofeld was just the right tone.
Liked seeing the cat and the creation of the scar.

Liked Hinx as a Jaws like character and thought that when he was tossed out of thw train
it had a Jaws Movie homage with the cans being attached to him pulling him out of the train.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I also enjoyed all the homages throughout Spectre, but they made me wonder why the movie didn't feel nearly as fun as the movies they were honoring? Not sure if it was the music, or the muted color palate, or the story or even the actors. Maybe it was all of those things, but for me - a Bond fan now for 38 years - it didn't feel right.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Boy, Sony is gonna keep this film in theaters no matter what till it hits $200 million.

Spectre Sony $30,000 +50.0% 63 -29 $476 $199,885,714

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks