What's new

Interview Bob Whitehill, Stereoscopic Supervisor Pixar on 3D (1 Viewer)

Colin Davidson

Second Unit
And yet another great visit with the folks at Disney. They continue to amaze each time we visit with them.
I very much enjoyed the presentation by Mr. Whitehill about the 3D conversion process and how painstaking it appears to be to make sure to get the depth of field just right. It was especially interesting to hear Mr. Whitehill call the update of Finding Nemo as a "recreation" and not a conversion.
Thanks Mr. Whitehill for all of the hard work and love you and your team put into updating these classic Disney titles.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Originally Posted by Andy_Munich /t/325904/bob-whitehill-stereoscopic-supervisor-pixar-on-3d/30#post_4013486
There were some high quality, HT nerd-tastic presentations during the trip. The one by Pixar was a highlight. In fact, everything Disney did for us really set the bar high. And to think they were sitting on a huge secret the whole time.
It was probably for the best we weren't all Star Wars struck the whole time.

There were a couple of those. Disney was acquiring LucasFilm and Paramount (well, CBS) announced Star Trek: Enterprise on BD shortly after we left. These guys and gals are wonderful at keeping their mouths shut on the big stuff!

I've said it before and I'll say it again: the only old movies released in 3D I will absolutely see in the theater are from Disney/Pixar. They are marvelous in just about every way and knowing the "how" behind the product is always a treat. I'm sure a lot of us could have stayed at Disney all day, just wandering and poking our heads into various offices and buildings.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks