What's new

BluRay for Dummies...or, what must I know before buying? (1 Viewer)

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Originally Posted by Scott Merryfield ">[/url]

That is the bookmark feature I was referring to in my earlier post. I've seen it enabled on numerous, but not all, BD-J encoded discs.

[/QUOTE]Actually, what I was describing is more than just the usual bookmark feature found on many BD-J titles. IIRC, High School Musical 3 seems to be authored to have the player [u][i][b]automatically [/b][/i][/u]remember where the movie stopped and then start up the next time right at that spot. I could be wrong, but I doubt my kids knew to use any bookmark features for this -- I've certainly never seen them use it. Of course, it's possible that the title is simply using the bookmark feature to do this, but in this case, it seemed to be done automatically, not manually. This was w/ a PS3 (although I cannot retest this out now -- not until I get my PS3 fixed anyway). Not sure if it would behave the same way on other players -- I guess I'll give it a try on the BD60 later.

Anyway, I'd think they should be able to author a BD-J title to save the spot automatically (unless you interrupt the programming w/ a hard power-off or similar). Some titles (typically TV series) automatically save playback info to remember what's already been played (eg. episodes), and that's probably a similar kind of thing.

[QUOTE]Originally Posted by [b]DaveF[/b] [url=/forum/thread/294501/bluray-for-dummies-or-what-must-i-know-before-buying/60#post_3640643]

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
You're going to make me read the manuals! )

I'm away from my gear for 10 days. I look forward to playing with it, with this thread open on my laptop, next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks