What's new

Blue Note SACD Releases For April! (1 Viewer)

Al B. C

Supporting Actor
Slated for April 22nd.........

Check them out!

Norah Jones - "Come Away With Me" - Blue Note Records
Bob Beldon - "Black Dahlia" - Blue Note Records
Bill Charlap - "Stardust" - Blue Note Records
Dianne Reeves - "The Calling" - Blue Note Records
John Coltrane - "The Ultimate Blue Train" - Blue Note Records

I'm gonna be buying at least two of those. :emoji_thumbsup:

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
Very nice. At the least Coltrane and Jones are must buys. Any word if these are single layer or hybrids?

J

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
Great titles and hooray for Blue Note! I dunno if this is accurate, but I read a report recently suggesting that Blue Note might have gone bankrupt this past year had it not been for Norah Jones. Moreover, they see SACD as their possible savior, noting the success of other, even more "boutiquey" labels in concentrating on SACD.

My only complaint is "where's the Cassandra Wilson?". I thought they were prepping "New Moon Daughter" for an SACD release... IMO, it would be near-reference and likely an excellent multichannel showcase.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
Eh, I admit to having a bit of lukewarm reaction. Of course I'll grab the Coltrane disc, but with a great DAD already on my rack, I do regret that one of his many other albums isn't coming out (though Blue Note can't really do anything about that, since I believe this is the only album he recorded for them).

I like Norah Jones, but not as much as most people here do. And I've never heard the others, though maybe I'll give 'em a shot.

I guess they're assuming that they can sell more discs of newer artists than older ones. I just don't know if this is correct.

NP: Brian Eno, Ambient 1: Music of Airports

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
Any news if these releases will still be limited to 5,000 copies like originally rumored (announced?)? If this is the case, preordering will be a must to ensure a copy.

J

Kevin P

Screenwriter
Wow, I just picked up the Norah Jones CD, and while listening to it I thought to myself, I'd love to have this on SACD, and then I stumble upon this thread! Wow, must be density, I mean destiny! :)

KJP
NP: Norah Jones, "Come Away With Me"

Derek Baker

Stunt Coordinator
God i have been trying sooo hard not to get the redbook Norah CD!!!

Not long to go now...and it look like it will be a hybrid??? Very cool indeed....

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
I think it's up for preorder at all the usual spots... amusicdirect, elusivedisc, acousticsounds, cduniverse, etc. And I'm pretty sure you can find it at tower, circuit city, best buy, etc.

I notice you asked the same question about DSOTM... same answer! These particular discs are/will be sold far and wide, but the more obscure titles may only be available at the first three sites I mentioned.

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
Might be a bit too soon yet for the Norah (due out on 4/22).

BWT, other sites (Brian Moura's, for one) have "confirmed" that 4/22 will also bring Cassandra Wilson's "New Moon Daughter" to SACD from Blue Note. If you're not familiar with her music, this album would be an ideal introduction IMO. As it already sounds amazingly good as a red book, I'm betting the SACD will be outstanding!

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
I'll be getting the Norah Jones and Coltrane Blue Train SACDs. Can't wait for those. This will only be my fourth version of Blue Train, with the Ultimate Blue Train CD, the MFSL CD, and the DAD being the other three. Oh well, the SACD should be the definitive version. :)

Kristoffer

Second Unit
Soooo has anyone found anywhere to Pre-order Norah Jones yet??
I send a mail to Elusivedisc.com and they said they didn't know yet, and Blue notes side doesn't say anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks