What's new

Blue Discoloration on Left side of Samsung 3075...? (1 Viewer)

Joshua_Y

Screenwriter
Ok...on my 3075...when something is kinda sandy...not quite white...I get this blue tinted color on the far left side of the screen...I cant seem to figure out what the hell it is...any ideas? Thanks...

Paul Pratt

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul Pratt
It sounds like it needs a degaussing. Thats means that the magnetic interference has gotten to high it it's screwing with the screen. (ex. when you take a magnet to close tot he screen it distorts, this is similar) You need to take it to a repair shop or if you got an extended warranty from the store you bought it from call up the number and tell them what's wrong. They will come in with a little round wand and wave it over the screen making it go away. It shouldn't cost you much, and if you find the right repairman, he may do it for free.

But, if the discoloration is next to the speaker that could mean a magnetic shield break down and the TV could need a major service repair. If you got an extended warranty, again call and schedule an appointment. If no warranty then call a repair shop, if under manufacturers warranty then call the manufacturer for a list of certified repairmen or instructions on what to do now. I hope that helps.

Joshua_Y

Screenwriter
I did get the extended warranty and it shouldnt cost me anything...thanks for your help....

Joshua_Y

Screenwriter
Can you degausse the set by just turning it on and off...I heard that somewhere...I mean...just sorta breaking it in ya know...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks