What's new

BLu-Rays - PS3 Games and a 360 Game - PAypal (1 Viewer)

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Guys, I'm going to bump this thread once since I'm partially in the same boat. I agreed to buy 5 BluRay's from another thread at the end of January and I did receive 3 of them 10 days later with what sounded like a reasonable excuse for the missing 2 discs. There was a note with a promise to refund the difference for the missing discs. Since then I've not been able to contact Dave either here or at his PP email address.

Have any of you heard anything from Dave in the last month?

RedIsNotBlue

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chad
Nope. He hasn't even logged onto this site in over a month and his Paypal account is empty. I suggest you leave negative feedback like I did and ruin his reputation on this site forever and file a Paypal claim if you haven't already.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Well, honestly I'm NOT out for blood and the $20 is minimally important at this point in life. (Forgive the typo)

Dave has been a part of this forum almost as long as I have and I've spoken with him in threads back and forth for a long time. I think there are some extenuating circumstances involved and honestly I just want to know what's up. If he has a sick kid and med bills or his house is about to be taken away, I'd forget about the whole thing if I just had a clue.

RedIsNotBlue

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chad
If there is a big personal crisis going on with him then he has my sympathy. But all of the signs are pointing to him just taking the money and running.

1. He accepted payment from people and withdrew the money from the account.

2. He has not even given me any kind of message at all since I sent payment.

3. He hasn't been logged in for over a month.

4. So far 3 people have not received discs we were promised.

I am only out $30 myself and its not a lifechanging amount of money for me but the fact is this kind of behavior should not be tolerated its criminal no matter what the amount. Even if there was a personal problem going on in his life I really don't see how hard it is to take 10 minutes and give us a quick update on the situation.

Steven Simon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steven Simon
Member has been suspended, and emailed to make good on all transaction. Please stay tuned....

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I amended the above post as I made a huge typo that my original proofread missed.

I agree on many levels that there are some funny red flags here, but ..... Some odd things with the recent for sale posts is a lot of things got sent out right at the end of January and the total for the other sales post can't be much more than $100 so there has to more to the story than someone out to rip people off.

Is he in a situation where he can't get online? Embarrassed? Ill? For now he still gets the benefit of the doubt after 7+ years.

Jon Teddlie

Stunt Coordinator
One real strange thing about this I don't understand is I was set to buy 3 blus and I was asking him about the payment details, I was just about to pay via paypal when he sent me a pm asking me to hold off because he was getting orders crossed and confused about who was buying what with all the response he was getting.

Seems like if was out to rip everyone off he would have had me pay anyway? There's no excuse for not keeping in contact here but hopefully he is ok and might resolve this soon...

RedIsNotBlue

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chad
Maybe he wasn't out to rip everyone off but just enough people to get a certain amount he needed. Maybe he figured he could get like $100 and run figuring since it wasn't a huge amount it wouldn't be a big deal. But its only a guessing game at this point. I really do hope he comes back on and explains himself.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Or maybe he just screwed-up his whole sale (promising certain titles to more than one person) and decided to cut and run.

But, obviously, that's still the wrong thing to do and hopefully he'll return and make things right. It's all speculation until he does.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
So far no followup. I sent PM's, several emails, and a couple weeks ago even a snail mail to the return address I got on my partial shipment.

RedIsNotBlue

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chad

RedIsNotBlue

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chad
Hey guys I might have an update on this. I have been working on this a little through Myspace and my message has been relayed to Dave and I am told he should be back online sometime this week to make things right. We shall see.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks