What's new

Blu-ray rebate question. (1 Viewer)

Alan Wise

Stunt Coordinator
I just received a notice in the mail stating that the disks are on back order and that they will be shipping on 11/4.
I had sent my order in on 8/2.
Has anyone else gotten the same notice.
The crazy thing is that it gives you the option of canceling the order if you like.
I can't help but wonder who would cancel a free order.

Al. Wise

BrettV

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brett Voss

That must be their standard 'back-order' notice. People must actually buy things from them, too ...

Alan Wise

Stunt Coordinator
Ok, after getting the notice on Friday that my free disks are on back order until Nov. 4th, they showed up in the mail yesterday.
This is very good.
Go figure.

Al. Wise

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
For those in Canada, you can call 1-877-823-0804 (BVHE) and check the status of your rebate. Sure enough, my discs are backordered, but at least I know they got the form.

Mike.B

Stunt Coordinator
My 5 Blu-ray discs just showed up in the mail yesterday, to my surprise. Was starting to wonder if I'd ever get them (sent rebate in back in mid-July).

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Just got around to mailing my form yesterday. I'm really tempted to buy some discs in the meantime, but I'm gonna try and hold off until prices get a lot more reasonable.

For now I'll just enjoy my HD PS3 game demos. :)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Just read this:

I hope they didn't run out of the *four* discs I requested that aren't on the list any more!

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John

Deals aren't hard to find on movies... I've been picking most of my BD movies up for around $12 to $15 locally (on sale).

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Which store is selling BDs for under $15? None of the major retails around here are running sales like that. (The best I see right now is the 10% off coupon from BB.)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
How long after sending in their forms are people seeing their orders appear on that tracking website that was posted earlier in this thread?

chris_clem

Second Unit
Wow, the people who sent their forms in last July are just getting their discs now.....
At this rate I won't be getting my discs till at least a month from now! I guess I can't complain because it's free though.... *sigh*

Aaron,
Cheap Blu-ray discs can be found online, in fact Amazon has a buy 1 take 1 deal going on right now =)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
The current Amazon and BB deals are the first I've seen (aside from the earlier deal at Amazon that was gone in a few hours) of any note, aside from a copy of Glory Road that for some reason was on clearance for $7.50 at Target. :)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
FWIW, my order is now showing up on that lookup website. It lists the 5 actual discs that I requested (fingers crossed, especially for that Paramount disc!), each "In Process." It says allow 4-10 weeks for processing.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Mine are still "In Process" too. But I'm not worried yet. I figure it's up to 10 weeks of "In Process." :)

Well, maybe a little worried about the Paramount stuff. . .

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
I finally got mine a couple weeks ago, after sending it off in July. Long time to wait, but hey, free is free.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
As of Friday, my discs were still listed as "In Process," but they showed up in yesterday's mail. Unfortunately they sent X-Men 3 instead of Black Rain, but I have yet to send in my form for 5 free HD-DVDs. Doubt they'll run out of the HD-DVD edition anytime soon. :)

Also finally got my Looney Tunes Golden Collection #2 replacement disc, and a couple of discs I'd ordered from Amazon sellers. Quite the pre-Hanukkah Haul!

Don T

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Don
I mailed my rebate form in on 10/22/2007. My order never showed as processing. I called last week to find out if it got lost in the mail. The person on the phone was very pleasant but could not find my order and asked me to check back this week.

My discs came at the end of last week, and were never updated on the website.

Go figure,
Don

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks