What's new

Blu-Ray player and wireless non-ir remote (1 Viewer)

ChipTimm

Auditioning
Real Name
Chip Timm
My TV is mounted on a wall and I have all of my wiring routed to a closet behind the wall. I currently have only my directv with rf remote connected and that works perfectly. I would like to add a blu-ray player (with internet apps such as netflix) to the mix but want one that supports either a bluetooth or RF remote control. Any suggestions?

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Welcome to the forum!

PlayStation 3 uses Bluetooth for its controllers and Blu-ray remote, and currently offers Netflix, Vudu, Hulu+, and Qriocity (music streaming). Pandora and YouTube are available via the web browser, and Sony announced they will be adding CinemaNow to their online streaming apps in the near future. There is also the PlayStation Network Store, which offers game and video downloads. Just be sure to purchase the Sony Playstation-branded Blu-ray remote, as the third-party remotes are infra-red and require a USB dongle to be attached to the console.

ChipTimm

Auditioning
Real Name
Chip Timm
I already own a PS3 and don't want to purchase a second one for this TV. I'm looking for a standalone blu-ray player with the apps that has some type of wireless remote.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks