1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Blu-Ray player and wireless non-ir remote

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by ChipTimm, Jul 22, 2011.

1. ChipTimm

ChipTimm New Member

My TV is mounted on a wall and I have all of my wiring routed to a closet behind the wall. I currently have only my directv with rf remote connected and that works perfectly. I would like to add a blu-ray player (with internet apps such as netflix) to the mix but want one that supports either a bluetooth or RF remote control. Any suggestions?

2. Todd Erwin

Todd Erwin Well-Known Member
    Reviewer

Todd Erwin
    Welcome to the forum!

PlayStation 3 uses Bluetooth for its controllers and Blu-ray remote, and currently offers Netflix, Vudu, Hulu+, and Qriocity (music streaming). Pandora and YouTube are available via the web browser, and Sony announced they will be adding CinemaNow to their online streaming apps in the near future. There is also the PlayStation Network Store, which offers game and video downloads. Just be sure to purchase the Sony Playstation-branded Blu-ray remote, as the third-party remotes are infra-red and require a USB dongle to be attached to the console.

3. ChipTimm

ChipTimm New Member

I already own a PS3 and don't want to purchase a second one for this TV. I'm looking for a standalone blu-ray player with the apps that has some type of wireless remote.

4. lartomar2002

lartomar2002 Member

I have found that Google is the best bet.