What's new

Blu-ray - Ovetures, Intermissions, Entre'Acte & Exit Music (1 Viewer)

Rick Thompson

Screenwriter
Call me a contrarian; I'm not a fan of the blank screen. I prefer something to give some light in the room, and it can be a curtain, the word "Overture" or something related to the picture (picture from the recording session?), but I like when I'm not in a dark room with just sound (I generally watch films at night). That's my preference, but it's not a big deal for me one way or the other.

OliverK

Senior HTF Member
Robert Harris said:
Quote:

This is still video, and a home theater experience.
Yet for movies like IAMMMMW and many other roadshow pictures it is not really a choice anymore of watching this is at home or in a nearby movie theater.
Robert Harris said:
David Lean's suggestion for Lawrence was simple. Overture begins. After 2-3 seconds, a title fades in - Overture - simple, element, stays on screen for a few seconds, and fades out.

RAH
Very good - I am sure that this would please just about anybody.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Originally Posted by Robert Harris

David Lean's suggestion for Lawrence was simple. Overture begins. After 2-3 seconds, a title fades in - Overture - simple, element, stays on screen for a few seconds, and fades out.

RAH

As always Mr. Lean showed great wisdom. This would be perfectly acceptable solution. Certainly hope the studios are reading.

Reactions: PMF

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks