What's new

Blu-ray Disney info on "Cars" DVD (1 Viewer)

MarekM

Supporting Actor
from user Adam Tyner from avs.....

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=739216

for nice picture taken from DVD, check that link

===============================
The Little Mermaid
Beauty and the Beast
Aladdin
The Lion King
Monsters, Inc.
Finding Nemo
..... and many more !

Experience the magic of Disney in High Definition
===============================

well it does not looklike jumping somewhere else ......

Marek

Bob_L

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Lindstrom
Yeah, a steamroller with no one behind the wheel.

(Sorry, couldn't help myself.) :)

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
if you have a HD DVR you could have captured Finding Nemo in 720p already =). it looks really nice and sharp. of course those are the official releases... there are many, many HD content out there on usenet+elsewhere =D.

anyway, does anyone know what codecs? i've read about some reviews where movies encoded with MPEG4/AVC H.264 has some tearing issues or somn. first MPEG2 and now MPEG AVC H264. it's ironic that Microsoft's VC1 turned out much better 1080p content during the initial run. always trust a software company to do software right?

beauty+beast, lion king, aladdin are must haves =). i have them on SD-DVD and would replace those in a heart-beat.

also, do you know if Disney is going to release these as "limited" like they do many of their titles? if so, i'd rather get it when those titles are released and then wait until prices come down for the players... like 2-3 years later.

LarryH

Supporting Actor
"Coming to Disney Blu-ray" - not "Coming Soon to Disney Blu-ray"

Anyhow, if and when, I'll be glad I did buy my Sammy.

PeterTHX

Senior HTF Member
I see them doing exactly what they did with the DVD versions.

Bring out a bunch of "limited issue" Gold Colelction type releases then every so often release a fully loaded Platinum-type edition.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I still remember actively not buying the Gold Collection releases with a few exceptions of those that were actually, um, Remastered for DVD.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Finding Nemo should look awsum on HD and there are a few other titles I am happy to see coming to HD. But to be honest I am more interested in Pirates Of The Carribean: Curse Of The Black Pearl and Dead Man's Chest. More than I am the other Disney/Pixar titles.

Pirates Of The Carribean 1 & 2 on Blu-ray in DTS-HD Master Audio :D

I would love to own Finding Nemo on Blu-ray though. :emoji_thumbsup:

MarekM

Supporting Actor

"Pirates Of The Carribean 1 & 2 on Blu-ray in DTS-HD Master Audio :D"

= AUDIO HEAVEN ? :)

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
"Hey Disney fans! This disc you just bought is obsolete! This movie'll be coming out on the new format in a little bit, but we wanted to make sure you bought the old format first! And all those movies you've already bought look like crap compared to these so you'll just have to buy 'em again!" ;)

Real Name
Robert
Please don't trot out the old "Disney is evil" for their vault policies tripe. Disney doesn't do anything other studios don't, and considering they are protecting the long-term value of their library, they are correct to maximize their sales of these titles on home video. Bash Disney for double-dipping? Get in line behind Spielberg, Lucas, Harry Potter, the James Bond films, the Star Trek tv series and film series, the Superman franchise, X-Men, James Cameron movies, Lord of the Rings, and more Anchor Bay titles than one could name in a lifetime, and that only scratches the surface of chronic double-dippers. Take your slagging of classic Disney animated films on HD and dangle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks