What's new

International BLU-RAY DISCS FROM GERMANY (1 Viewer)

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Keith Cobby said:
Imitation of Life (1959) is released this month. This is one I want if a good transfer but no details as my Google translate is currently not working!
I'll check this out. I love this movie but the DVD is very poor quality. (I prefer Lana Turner in the '50s when she was no longer especially young to how she was in the late '30s/early '40s)

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
I agree with you about Lana but I am nervous about the likely blu-ray quality. I don't know at this point whether to pre-order or wait for some reviews to come in.

Lana was great as Lady de Winter in The Three Musketeers, a blu-ray is long overdue.

John Hermes

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Hermes
Keith Cobby said:
I agree with you about Lana but I am nervous about the likely blu-ray quality. I don't know at this point whether to pre-order or wait for some reviews to come in.

Lana was great as Lady de Winter in The Three Musketeers, a blu-ray is long overdue.
I'll be the guinea pig. I pre-ordered Imitation of Life and will report my impressions here. It comes out April 17 in Germany.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
John Hermes said:
I'll be the guinea pig. I pre-ordered Imitation of Life and will report my impressions here. It comes out April 17 in Germany.
Yes, please do. You're a brave man; at least a lot braver than I am This disc comes from some group called Hansesound of whom I have no experience. They might be a German Eureka or a German Mendacy. (I hope they're not another Mendacy. One is more than enough!)

AshJW

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
Robin9 said:
Yes, please do. You're a brave man; at least a lot braver than I am This disc comes from some group called Hansesound of whom I have no experience. They might be a German Eureka or a German Mendacy. (I hope they're not another Mendacy. One is more than enough!)
I doubt they'll be a German Eureka.
That fits more for Capelight, for example.

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
I have the Hansesound release of "The Rains of Ranchipur" (also with Ms Turner) and its a pretty decent quality disc. The company has also released several Doris Day films.

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
schan1269 said:
I know you need to change codes for BD. He said DVD. I've never changed codes on a DVD player once set 0.
Solution is to buy a player which has hassle-free region switch-over.
My converted Oppo is so easy that it's impossible to forget how to do it.
Instead of turning hte machine on with the 'on-off' button, I just press numerical key '1' to turn it on for American discs. If you're watching a European disc, then turn the machine on with the numerical '2' button.
It couldn't be much easier than that!

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
Keith Cobby said:
Has anybody received the blu-ray of Cobra Woman? I would be interested in how it compares to the excellent Ali Baba blu-ray (Eureka).
I just received my THE CARDINAL BD from Germany, along with the KSM DVD of BOY ON A DOLPHIN (not bad and is indeed widescreen). The real treasure in the box, though, was a three BD disc set which is called DIE SCHONSTEN KLASSIKER AUS 1001 NACHT on the Amazon.de site. There are three jaw dropping gorgeous transfers of ARABIAN NIGHTS (1942), ALI BABA AND THE FORTY THIEVES (1944) and THE GOLDEN BLADE (1953). The set goes for EUR 19,99, which I consider a bargain for what you get. It's a Region B set, of course, and has removable subs. Can't recommend this enough!

bluelaughaminute

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ernie
A quick reminder that both versions of Bedazzled were recently released in Germany in a very nice digibook format . German text but fortunately the book is mostly photos.
Bonus features from the UK dvd are included and with removeable subtitles.
Not checked out the remake but the original film looks very nice

AshJW

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
Roger Grodsky said:
What is the region code for BEDAZZLED?
The german sites OFDb.de and Bluray-disc.de say it's code B.

There will be two editions of Bedazzled:

- a 3 disc set with the remake from 2000 with Elizabeth Hurley (already released)
http://www.bluray-disc.de/blu-ray-filme/mephisto-68-teuflisch-limited-collectors-edition-blu-ray-disc
http://www.ofdb.de/view.php?page=fassung&fid=26939&vid=378016

- and later a single set with only the classic (release date is TBA)
http://www.bluray-disc.de/blu-ray-filme/mephisto-68-blu-ray-disc

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks