1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Blu-Ray Disc Changer

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by JoeDiMarco93, Feb 10, 2011.

1. JoeDiMarco93

JoeDiMarco93 New Member

Ok, this is becoming annoying... Due to the recent "budget cutbacks" for myself, I have not been able to construct a home theater as I have been wanting for quite some time. But, I think the time is finally here! Sooo, i'm sure everyone is aware of the Sony BDP-CX7000ES - 400 Disc Blu-Ray Mega Changer! Problem is, it has too many faults! The 400 disc capacity is FANTASTIC, but the lack of 3D support, a poor UI, slow speed, and many other drawbacks are annoying, especially since Sony hasn't made any changes to the thing since its initial 2008 release... I expect more from an ES product. One major plus is the price (only $1900), also the home automation certification. Honestly, I'm sure it cant be to hard to upload a Kaleidescape-like UI onto a system like this, and it SURE AS HELL doesn't have to cost the price of a new Ford

2. Rich Allen

Rich Allen Well-Known Member

Rich Allen
    Actually, you can pick one up at a Sony Outlet for $399.99. I grabbed one at the Rehoboth Beach DE store. They are blowing them out. It's marked B-Stock and in the original box, not refurb so from what I've read, it still has the 5 year warranty too. They are going fast.

I suspect they are coming out with a new model that will probably have most of that. This one I believe does support SACD from what I've read in the manual. I seriously doubt though anyone will bother with DVD audio though.

I personally don't care about 3D, wireless or multi-linking. I'm sure a lot do though. Faster access times and a better gui would be nice though. A keyboard interface too. For this price too, can't beat it.