What's new

Blockbuster Video Trade-In (1 Viewer)

Robert McLay

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Robert
I just got an e-mail from blockbuster video, stating if you bring in one of your old DVD's you can get any NEW DVD for $12.99. There example was Tomb Raider 2. I think I may go in there and turn in a few of my worst DVD's and pick up a few new ones.

Just thought I would pass it along.

Rob

Chet_F

Supporting Actor
"Customer responsible for applicable taxes on all purchases and offers. DVD New Release Offer:
Offer valid on new retail DVD only, for the specific promotional titles indicated and the specific dates indicated for each title, while supplies last, at participating BLOCKBUSTER® stores only. No rain checks. Promotional titles selected by Blockbuster in its sole discretion. All start and end dates subject to change. Limit 2 copies per promotional title per customer per day. Discount taken at register. Not valid in combination with other offers or discounts. To redeem this offer, customer must present and relinquish one commercially released DVD owned by customer for each new retail DVD purchased at the special offer price. All DVD’s relinquished by customer will become the property of Blockbuster and will not be returned to customer under any circumstances. No cash refund or store credit will be given for any DVD relinquished by customer. Each DVD relinquished by customer must be (i) in a standard commercial DVD package, including artwork; (ii) rated "R", "PG-13", "PG" or "G" by the MPAA, or if unrated, be consistent with Blockbuster's standards for unrated retail product; and (iii) in good condition and free of visible scratches and/or defects, all of the foregoing as determined by Blockbuster in its sole discretion. Customer must be 18 years of age or older to redeem this offer. Offer not available online. Offer ends 12/22/03."

Always read the small print. Not a very good deal considering most of the titles are larger release titles that can be had at BB or CC or Walmart for $15-16 the week of the release which is when their special runs. So essentially they are giving you $2-3 for a trade-in. So unless you have some titles that you got for free or $1 then the deal is LAME! Just my 2 cents.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
for the specific promotional titles indicated and the specific dates indicated for each title,
Chet's right. I've seen info about this posted in other places. There are a very limited number of titles available in this deal. The DVDs you give up would have to be ones you REALLY don't want any more and couldn't get more from by selling them to someone else.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
It really does sound better than it is. This is a truly bizarre promotion from a company known for doing weird stuff. I asked someone there to explain the promotion and he took the flyer, opened it to the center, which is about their 2 for $20 used sale and told me I could get any of those titles for $12.99 with a trade-in.

The current trend with Blockbuster seems to be coming up with promotions nobody, particularly not their own employees understand.

Robert McLay

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Robert
Yeah I guess it isn't as good as I first thought, but I will probably still trade in Battlefield Earth for X2 next week, since I wouldn't even want to give that horribe movie to anyone I knew much less sell it.

Thanks for clarifying everyone, I would have looked silly walking in this week with Battlefield Earth asking for Sinbad, and then them saying NO it's for Tomb Raider only.

Rob

Chet_F

Supporting Actor
"but I will probably still trade in Battlefield Earth for X2 next week"

I don't think anyone could argue that THAT isn't a DEAL!! :)

Ben Silva

Stunt Coordinator
I have a couple of cheesy horror movies im going to trade in (Day of the Animals, etc) for Pirates and Nemo. They are the leftovers that most of the used DVD stores here in Phoenix didn't wan't.

George Caronan

Stunt Coordinator
Hello all. Traded "John Carpenter's Vampires" for "Pirates of The Caribbean" today given that I have the former on Superbit to begin with. Fair enough for $14.06 tax included. Best Buy is selling "Pirates..." for $15.99 today so I get to save a bit. Cheers.

Tony_La

Stunt Coordinator
Do the trade in dvds have to be dvds that were previously purchased new, or can they be previewed dvds from say, Blockbuster?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
New keepcases are cheap. I just got 30 for $12.99 at BJ's. Swap the disc and artwork from the Blockbuster case to a new case and you're good to go.

Bill_D

Supporting Actor
The DVDs you give up would have to be ones you REALLY don't want any more and couldn't get more from by selling them to someone else.
I've tried selling Deer Hunter around here for almost nothing plus shipping several times. It is now going to be Blockbusterized into Pirates of the Carribean.

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
Good luck turning in a Blockbuster pre-viewed title if they don't want scratched discs!! :)

John.Meer

Agent
Anybody have any luck trying trading DVD's marked PROMO or such? I tried to trade Six Day Seven Nights and Stepmom that I received back in 1999 with a Toshiba purchase, and they would not accept them. It seemed the reason the manager did not want to accept them was they had no UPC code to scan in so he could prove he received them!?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
well thats interesting because he is never supposed to scan the barcode on the traded in dvd.
if he does it will put it into inventory as the actual title.

it is only supposed to be part of the "big trade in" inventory.

that is the bar code that is placed over the dvd bar code.

don't forget it ends next week. and the last 2 titles you can get are freaky friday and sea biscuit.

i traded one of the old DVDINSIDE dvd magazine dvd's that also had a bad vhs type version of the old scrooge on it and another that i cant even remember what it was for t-3 and pirates.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks