What's new

Blockbuster sale(s) of used Blus (1 Viewer)

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Grrr. Of the two by me one didn't get their shipment, the other just got DVDs. Youth in Revolt and The International were both good flicks.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Originally Posted by Will_B

Done, until July 4th, the rumors say -- when it happens again! Hopefully at different locations, to keep things interesting.

So the 99 cent sale was for yesterday only? (Wondering if I should check on the way home from work today.)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Originally Posted by Aaron Silverman

So the 99 cent sale was for yesterday only? (Wondering if I should check on the way home from work today.)

I would check your local store. It sounds like they're all over the place with scheduling. The staff at my store said the 99 cent sale would be today (Tuesday). They were $2.99 on Sunday, he said they'd be $1.99 "tomorrow," then 99 cents "the next day." So I'm stopping to check on the way home.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Blockbuster seems to be running another pre-viewed disc sale for July 4th weekend. My store had 5 for $20 (discs marked $9.99 or less) which included quite a number of blu-ray titles.

Chuck Anstey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chuck Anstey
They are running that at our local Blockbuster also and I picked up another 10 movies. The store manager indicated there is usually a sale around every holiday but not every store may participate. I've been renting my one and now two free movies a night for the past week and a half until it all ends July 4th. However, every Blu-ray that isn't a relatively new release is now $0.99 a night so BB seems like a great place to rent now. Much different than when it was $5 for the first night on everything. Also makes me think twice about paying even $4 for a movie that I haven't seen.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
I got Bourne 1, 2, 3, The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, Knight and Day (rental version), Silence of the Lambs, Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, Coraline, The Corpse Bride, and Angels & Demons. On the chance that Sunday might have some price reductions or more titles pulled from the rental shelves due to non-renting, I'll check once more tomorrow, but unless the third Girl Who... film has dropped below $10 (and thus would qualify for the 5-for-$20 sale) I don't believe there's anything I have in mind as really needing that Blockbuster is likely to have. I mean of course I want The Island, and American Beauty, but those aren't going to be at Blockbuster... Between the Memorial Day 5-for$20, the Memorial Day 99 cent sale, and this Independence Day weekend 5-for-$20 sale, I think I've got more than enough. In fact Coraline was a title I'd wanted to get during Memorial Day, but since I did not have four more picks at that time I'd squirreled it away behind another film -- and it survived undetected until this weekend when I was at last able to get it! I know that is unethical.

Users who are viewing this thread