What's new

Blockbuster Online vs. Netflix (1 Viewer)

SteveKNJ

Stunt Coordinator
Not sure if this is the right forum for this but,

I used to be a Netflix member and cancelled my membership earlier this year when I was in a cost cutting mode. It also gave me some time to catch up on some Tivo'd stuff and some other movies I'd saved up. Anyway, I'm considering re-upping with an online rental service and I was wondering how the Blockbuster online service stacks up against Netflix. Here's what I'm looking for:

1) Fast turnaround - Netflix was good at this since they had a warehouse relatively close by. I could send a movie in on Monday and get one back by Wednesday most of the time...

2) Ability to get New releases quickly - WHen I first joined Netflix, in most cases, I could get a new release even a day BEFORE it was released in the stores. Toward the end of my tenure with them, it could be MONTHS before I would get all but the most obscure new releases, even if I had them at the top of my queue. The rumor was, that new customers got preferencial treatment for new releases (nice way to treat your loyal customers huh?). Does Blockbuster have a similar policy?

3) Selection - On Netflix, I would say about 98% of what I was looking for was available, even some very obscure stuff, documentaries and like that. Is Blockbuster's selection similar? I know the brick and morter stores selection is very limited on older and rare stuff.

I'm intrigued by Blockbuster since they also offer free coupons to in store rentals and discounts on other stuff, something that Netflix can't offer.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Steve:

Check in the "Feedback/Misc" forum for "Retailer and Vendor Feedback". There are about a dozen threads on this very topic...and good luck finding any sort answer to your question--there is NO consensus of opinion on this topic!

Users who are viewing this thread