What's new

Blind Buys - how have you done? (1 Viewer)

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I think the only one for me was the British version of The Office. Definitely a good buy, although I still prefer the US one.

TaiPan

Auditioning
Real Name
Ric
A couple of great blind buys for me were:

Alias Probably the finest spy show ever created.

Scrubs While the stories can be a bit repetitive, the characters are what continue to make this show such a pleasure to watch.

Gargoyles I still can't believe that Disney created this show. Simply one of the most complex storylines ever to grace the small screen in animated form.

One that I tried but ultimately sold off was Boston Legal. While the characters on this show were entertaining, I found the show to be too one sided in it's views and simply lost interest. But not a bad show by any stretch of the imagination.

Tai

Kris_AB

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kris
Oh cool, another satisfied new Gargoyles viewer. Now we just need another 99 thousand more blind buys or old fans rediscovering it on DVD (give or take) and, according to creator Greg Weisman, Volume 2 of Season 2 will be guaranteed on DVD.

But yeah, that's awesome that you enjoyed it. It really is one of the finest animated series created. Amazing that it was able to run a decent length of time, given room to breath and really build up a mythology but, more than that, explore a level of character development rarely seen in North American cartoons.

BrandonJF

Second Unit
Best Blind Buys:

Battlestar Galactica (by far - I was ashamed at how long it sat on my shelf)
Gilmore Girls S1-S5
Grey's Anatomy S1-S2 (need to catch up fast)
Farscape
The Shield S1 + S2
Fullmetal Alchemist
Nip/Tuck S1

Worst

Forever Night S1-S2 - I haven't made it far in S1. I find some of it "ok", but it's almost too cheesy at this point for me to get into and it doesn't hold any nostalgic value for me since I, obviously, never saw it when it originally aired. I was hoping I'd later get into it (I was iffy on Farscape during the beginning of S1... so glad I didn't bail).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks