What's new

Blanket Box Tempest Disguise (1 Viewer)

williamN

Agent
Kind of an odd question maybe, but whilst mooching around Home Depot today I saw a particularly attractive Shaker style blanket box that is about 1 1/2 inches in all directions bigger than the box I have planned for my 175 ltr ported tempest sub, so I wondered whether anyone had built the sub box they needed so that it could be snuggly placed inside a pre manufactured box? My plan is for the Tempest to be mounted in the base and fire down, with the amp on one end and the port to exit wherever. The befefits I see are that I know what it will look like before I blow loads of cash on supplies and that I don't have to worry much about how attractive my work is because it will all be cloaked in the HD product. I guess it adds to the cost but it will save me buying veneer, cement and probably some trauma too. The weight aside if the the box's are mated to each other well is there any downside?

ChristopherD

Stunt Coordinator
I don't really see any downsides to your idea. You may want to consider mounting the port on the outer box, thru both walls, and into the enclosure to maximize breathing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks