1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Blake's 7 Layer Change defect!

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Tony J Case, Mar 10, 2004.

1. Tony J Case

Tony J Case Well-Known Member

Hey folks -

It would seem that there is a problem with the Blake's 7 set released just a week ago that I thought I'd pass along. On a great number of players, it seems that the B7 discs freeze, skip or lock up. Not all of them mind you, but quite a few.

(I would be one of the unlucky ones - my Malata DVP-520 skips at the layer change.)

I'd post the link where I found more information, but this stupid forum wont let me. So figure it out for yourselves:

If you want to email the BBC themeselves about the matter - send it here: support. bbcmultimedia@bbc. co. uk

2. alan halvorson

alan halvorson Well-Known Member

Disc 1 of my set froze at the layer change on my JVC 500 also. Fast forwarded through it. I guess it's good to know that it's the disc and not the player.

I've never had any problem including a link with my posts using the "http://" button; does this not work for you?

3. Tony J Case

Tony J Case Well-Known Member

The button works fine, but after I hit 'submit', I get a screen saying that URLs are not allowed.

BTW - this is the mail that the BBC sent me:

A total non-answer, but better than the "It's your player, not the disc" that the Beeb was handing out a week after release.

4. Mark_Wilson

Mark_Wilson Well-Known Member

I had the same problem but thought it was the old JVC XV-SA75 I was playing it on. I'll have to try it on the Philips 727.

5. Mark J W

Mark J W New Member

It has happened on my JVC on at least the first two, and if I remember right the third disk as well (I haven't gotten to the fourth yet...)
    A brief moment on the FF button got me through it each time.
    Annoying, but worth it to watch these again!