What's new

Blade Runner (Five-Disc Collector's) Blu-ray: $14.95 @ Amazon & Free Ship Eligible (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Not having a BD player, I haven't kept a close eye on software prices. It seems to me that $22 is still a darn good price for a 5 disc edition of such a highly respected film. Fortunately, I grabbed it when it was $15.

Great, I'm buying software and no way to play them. I figured this was as good as it gets for Blade Runner.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I did the same thing and some of my friends told me that it didn't make sense to do that but when I did get a Blu Ray player, I had 7 or 8 movies (which I paid great prices for) to watch rather than 1 or maybe 2 to watch. I showed them bastards! :)

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW

Yah. $15 is a great price for the BR set -- almost made me buy it a 2nd time for a gift or backup or something, LOL. The BR set is what finally got me to jump into BD back in late December.

BTW, a friend of mine actually bought the Shakira BD as his first one w/ no expectation of getting a player in the near future -- talk about impulse buy. He jokingly said he's following another friend's lead from the early days of DVD when there was still a lot of concern about titles going OOP/moratorium and buying titles before getting a player might make good sense. :D That other friend didn't get his first DVD player for maybe 2 years after starting to buy DVDs of his favorite movies IIRC. :laugh: Haven't heard that he's doing that w/ Blu-ray now though. :D

_Man_

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
the $14.99 link worked for me. I had to add another $11.oo item to my cart to push it over $25 so I could get the free shipping.

thanks guys!!
Now I have it in HD DVD x2, and BR !!!!

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris Gerhard

I have this set in both HD DVD and Blu-ray as well. I wonder how many other nuts have done the same. At $15, it is really a great deal but about the only justification I can think of is that it might have good trade value in one of the formats in the future.

Chris

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I thought I was crazy (or at least my wife does) buying discs for a player I don't have. At least I only have one copy.:)

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris Gerhard

I couldn't believe a 5 disc set could be sold for such a low price so I would have purchased it also before owning a player if I hadn't purchased players for both formats before this was released. I have multiple players for each format, so I should be able to play both versions for a long time. I did sell my DVD before buying this in HD which I never watched and now I own the HD DVD which I have never watched. In fact, I have only watched The Final Cut so far and who knows when I will get to any of the rest of it. Warner did do a nice job here and at a great price. I suspect the whole thing is just a loss leader for Warner.

The brief case versions make no sense at all to me so I don't have any of those.

Chris

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
Im getting just more than a little worried at all these BR Blowout sales im seeing everywhere....are they trying to spread the good word?-or clear the dusty shelves of non- moving stock-?
With $5.00 gas close-folks wont be buying too many TVs or players. They may rent...
I just hope it doesnt go the way of HD-SONY has serious money troubles
and of course, a lot of big banks in NY are ready to tumble-keep your eyes open-and if you still own a house with some equity-SELL!!
Foreclosures up 67% in CA alone-Florida has a 5 year inventory of empty condos...wrong time to launch a new format, seems

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Another 2-for-$30 BluRay sale just went up on Amazon (evening of June 20). Blade Runner is in the mix, but personally I went with Resident Evil and Appleseed 2: Ex Machina, since I already have BR.

The link to the sale is problematic. Better just go to Amazon and hunt.

Edit: Others have observed that Amazon has simply copied BestBuy's 2-for-$30 sale, exactly. Except with Amazon there's free shipping and no tax (mostly), so, they have trumped it just by matching it.

UPDATE: June 22, Amazon deal appears to be gone now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks