What's new

Blackhawk Down 3-Disc $16 @ My.Sony (1 Viewer)

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
It's 30 bucks on Amazon... I got it for 16.80. I wasn't planning on picking it up, but for that price, I can't even IMAGINE not picking this up. Hell, I'll give my old copy (which I got for free from a CHTV giveaway) to my father for Father's Day. He'll love it!

Thanks for the heads-up!

Chris Harrison

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the heads up. A total steal at $16.96 considering the cheapest I've seen advertised is $24.99 at Target.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
If anyone gets an e-mail confirmation of it being SENT to you, please post. It appears nobody's has shipped yet. I am still just a little bit skeptical and I am concerned they will cancel orders because of a pricing error. People on another forum had ordered this and other movies in the same order; the other movies shipped, but not BHD:SE.

Greg S

Supporting Actor
Jumped on this as well. I sold my original release of this film months ago when there was true confirmation of this coming out.

Dave I wouldn't be suprised if BHD won't be shipped until the official release date (ie tommorrow) at minimum. I could be wrong but just a guess.

One thing is certain I ordered on Sat and they already charged my card.

Greg

ChrisConklin

Stunt Coordinator
I still have BHD in my shopping cart, and i doubt its a pricing error because other new releases are offered for $17 once you have 500 points, the same as you can save like $80 on a TV if you have 1500 points, they wouldn't call it a "reward" if they sold it to us for MSRP.

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
Thanks for letting us know! I just joined up and put in my order--came out to $17.16; does My Sony normally offer free shipping on movies? Just wondering 'cuz shipping costs were shown as $0.00...

John Swarce

Second Unit
Tony:

My Sony offers free shipping on everything in Rewards Central. I have found some prices higher than at other internet sites, so shop wisely. BHD is at a great price point, though.

I received shipping confirmation on the other disc I ordered with BHD in my e-mail today. I'll let everyone know if I get confirmation on BHD tomorrow. Why they didn't ship both titles together is beyond me...

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Tim for bringing this one up.

I held off on buying this one because they were kind enough to announce the three disc version before they even shipped the original so I figured it was worth the wait. At this price it’s a great buy.

The more I have watched this movie on the movie channels the more I regard it as one of the finest movies in the last few years.

I can’t wait to get my hands on this one.

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
Now this is a deal! Thanks for the excellent heads up, Tim. I signed up (500 pts), placed an item in my wish list (another 1000 pts) and completed the order all within 5 minutes.

My order tallied to $17.12, with USPS Priority Shipping. Although my order confirmation stated that delivery is within 7-10 days. Hope this is just a max ceiling.

:emoji_thumbsup:

Luis S

Supporting Actor
Dont worry guys. I was told by a rep that BHD hadnt shipped because of low stock. They seem to have suddenly got a few more orders in than they anticipated. ;) I imagine this is the case for most of us.I was told to expect it to ship today or tomorrow.

Later,
Luis S

John Millers

Stunt Coordinator
Luis,

Please, Please, Please DO NOT CALL when you think there is a deal "to good to be true"!

The less attention brought to a deal the better. Most order fulfilment systems will allow orders to be sent out without attracting the company's attention. But talking to a rep who then talks to their manager will get attention.

Again DO NOT CALL!!!!!

Alfonso_M

Second Unit
Thanks for the tip, just ordered BHD for $17.12, I wished they offered SACDs but I didn't find any, may be soon..

Luis S

Supporting Actor
John Millers,

I never do. But they were having problems with the credit card # I gave them so I had to fix it. It is what it is. Couldn't be helped. Be more fearful of those that have posted this deal in other forums. A phone call to a CSR is relatively harmless. A HUGE surge of orders however that causes an item to go out of stock attracts the attention you should be worried about. To much paranoia with the phone calls. Its word of mouth you all should be afraid of....

Later,

Luis S

John Millers

Stunt Coordinator
Luis,

I hope you we still able to get in on the deal. I agree that word of mouth can be a killer. I would say the paranoia is justified, we have seen many of these deals disapear after the dreaded CSR call. Anyhow Lets cross our fingers :)

Luis S

Supporting Actor
Justified? No not really. Unless somone calls and tells the rep "hey did you know...." Believe me its the volume of orders that does it, not calling the csr.

For example I got in on a deal on Wal-Mart.com for the Nghtmare on Elm Street 7 disc set. Instead of paying $80 I paid $16. Now it took less than an hour before that was sold out and Wal-Mart took notice and changed the price. NO ONE called about it, it was the frenzy that did it.

I couldnt begin to tell you the deals they had. They sold out so fast its scary. Ap 3-pack $12, South Park S! $12, it goes on and on. I didnt even have time to post it everything went out so fast.Like I said, word of mouth is the real enemy.

Anyhoo sorry about going off topic like that. I wouldnt worry to much about not getting the movie. Should be on its way soon enough. Ill be expecting a confirmation (or god forbid a denial) tomorrow or the day after.We'll see... :D

Later,

Luis S

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks