What's new

Blackbeard's Ghost (1 Viewer)

Peter Scarfe

Auditioning
Hi Gary,

Just wondered if you knew if the recently released region 2 version of Blackbeard's Ghost is an improvement on the dreadful region 1 release. Can't find a review or any information at all on the region 2 release.

Regards, Peter.

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
Region 2 release is the same 'fullscreen' transfer as the R1 disc. Yes, the film is now on Blu-ray - presumably in the correct ratio, finally.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Has anyone who's seen this on Amazon Instant confirm that it's in the correct aspect ratio?

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
JoHud said:
Has anyone who's seen this on Amazon Instant confirm that it's in the correct aspect ratio?
While I can't confirm Amazon, I'm pretty sure that Disney Movies Anywhere has distributed the same HD file (1.66:1 aspect ratio) to all of its digital outlets. However now that this is out on Blu-ray I would strongly suggest you not buy a download at this time as all the Movie Club Blu-rays have been digitally cleaned up whereas most of the Disney Movies Anywhere files have not.

warnerbro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Darrell
The one on Amazon instant HD is in 1.66:1 and looks very nice. I'm guessing the bluray coming from Disney Movie Club today will be the same. I'll let you know. I got the MOON-SPINNERS on Amazon instant HD and it looks horrible. The GNOMEMOBILE looks very good as well.

Real Name
Nick M.
The Brigham Young cable channel was showing many of the Disney live action films in recent years. The print they ran of "Blackbeard's Ghost" had gorgeousbcolor and was in widescreen. Many of the other films they aired differed from their DVD counterparts.

TCM also showed several Disney titles in widescreen that weren't released on DVD that way ("Herbie Goes Monte Carlo" I remember for sure).

Hopefully, these were remastered with Bluray releases in mind.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
The Disney Club Blu-ray is superb. 1.66:1, great color and contrast...a winner, as are most of these club releases.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks