1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Black verticle line on 52" Sony Bravia XBR LCD

Discussion in 'Displays' started by martyjay75, Feb 16, 2013.

1. martyjay75

martyjay75 Member

Looking for some insight on a problem I've recently noticed with a 52" Sony Bravia LCD TV. It's just over 3 years old and I recently noticed a pixel wide vertical black line about 3 inches from the left edge of the screen. I had been reading that this is probably either a dead or stuck pixel. But my understanding is that a stuck pixel would look white against a color screen and a dead pixel would look black. I had been thinking this sounded more like a dead pixel, but, after the TV warms up a bit (around 15 mins after turning it on) the line disappears. I also noticed the line is more pronounced against red to yellowish colors and less noticeable in the green/blue spectrum. Any ideas or insight on what's going on? Is this likely to get worse if I don't have it repaired? Or is there something simple I can try to resolve the issue? Just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!