What's new

Black Swan - quick review (1 Viewer)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Well, people were complaining about her just playing one note, so those movies seem to give her a chance to play some different ones. And I didn't say they'd be pleasant to the ear. :)

Your Highness? From the trailer, that looks like this year's Year Zero.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Also bear in mind that in a big-budget production, a lead might repeat each scene dozens of times. The filmmakers can then pick and choose the best version of each shot.

Cary P

Stunt Coordinator
I admit I don't watch more than about 8-10 movies a year. But I just saw this one on Blu-Ray rental and thought it was miles ahead of the other Best Picture contenders this year, most of which were instantly forgettable and had me fidgeting for the movie to end. The only one worthy of a repeat viewing, IMO, and the only one which will be remembered decades from now. I thought Portman's performance was breathtaking and the most amazing thing I've seen from any actress in quite some time. To put a hack job like "The Fighter" in the company of this movie shows how misguided the Academy was to expand the category to 10 films.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks