What's new

Black Friday Deals ??? Whats the scoop (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The Best Value Savings happens primarily when you buy the Bond BDs in pairs ($5 discount/pair), so 3 pairs = $15.

Guess what, Amazon lowered the price of all 6 Bond BDs to $17.49, so the deal is even cheaper than yesterday. I think I'm going to cancel my previous order, and toss in 4 more BDs (raises the price by $17 for the 4 extra BD titles, not too shabby) for a final price under $65 (of course, this changes depending on which 4 BD titles you order after filling up the basket with the 6 Bond BDs).

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
sheet
I had to get in...$67 for 10 BDs, though I already own the Bond titles!! Still great Christmas presents. Thanks Patman!!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Give away the Bond sets, and open up the individual Bond BD titles and use the free movie cash to see something with them at the movie theater.

I did end up cancelling my original order and placed another order with the 4 other BD titles to take advantage of the $100 off 10 BDs ordered off those promotion pages on Amazon.

MielR

Advanced Member
Real Name
MielR
I just went back and cancelled my order from last night (nothing had shipped yet), then re-ordered the 6 bonds so I could get them for $39.94 (instead of $47)

Yes, I am that cheap. :P

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW

Huh? Isn't the movie cash only good for Quantum of Solace? That's what I had thought. :P

Yeah, I also canceled my previous order for just 3 (non-Bond) titles and reordered just minutes ago. Pretty crazy deal.

And yeah, I couldn't figure out what that "Best Value Savings" was about until I did the reorder w/ 4 Bond titles (and got $5 off on one pairing). I had enough interest in 6 other titles to not bother getting so many Bond dupes -- only duped Dr. No and FRwL. :P If the movie cash can actually be used toward movies other than Quantum of Solace, then that would've made the choices a bit more complicated. Oh well. No big deal as I'd still rather own more titles of interest than simply try to maximize the sale. :D

_Man_

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Alrighty. I just couldn't resist and ended up reordering yet again(!) to get all 6 Bond BDs. I'll just get Nim's Island and Night at the Museum via some other means since they were both $20 in that sale -- I'm sure I can get them new for $15 or less. :P I'm just gonna end up giving more Bond BDs away for presents (and encourage more family/friends to go Blu) or putting more on eBay. :D

_Man_

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I got my shipping notification for my 10 BDs as well. It was sweet to see $64.40 as the grand total for the order, and it's about a week earlier than the estimated ship date from the Black Friday weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks