What's new

Black Friday 2012 hauls - what did you get? (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Picked up Alien Anthology BD for $19.99 at Fry's, as well as The Curious Case of Benjamin Buttons for $5, and Tintin for $6.99 at Fry's. Missed out on the $5 Transformers 3 BD.
Ordered a few copies of Brave BD/DVD pack from Overstock for $10 each (to hand out to office co-workers/kids).
Few dozen $3.98 BDs from Walmart, and a bunch of $2 and $5 DVDs to pass out to co-workers in December.
Best Buy didn't have much, just grabbed some $2 titles on DVD (Social Network, Tropic Thunder), and $4 for "The Lorax" on DVD, again, to give to co-workers' kids.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Not much for me.

Did some door-busters (mostly clothes and such) at Kohl's (opened at Midnight).

We were in and out so quick that we decided to stop by Target (totally unplanned) and see what was happening there. I picked up one Samsung Blu player for a relative and two Blues: Contact ($4) and A Beautiful Mind ($6).

I also picked up the Steve Martin TV Special DVDs for $15.xx on Amazon.

EDIT: I also picked up a copy of the PBS documentary on Broadway Musicals from Amazon for just $14.99.

mylan

Screenwriter
I was really lazy today, didn't even leave house till six but went to Best Buy to pick up Iron Man 2 on blu for 3.99 and ended up with a coupe of blu rays in addition to it.
The Walking Dead season one 11.99
U-571 7.99
And my first official Christmas present for my wife, Becoming Jane for 3.99

sidburyjr

Second Unit
Real Name
Dick Sidbury
Most of our shopping was at bestbuy.com and amazon.com. But last night my daughter and I ventured to Target at 10:30 or so (after watching Hugo with friends). She was going to get a slow cooker for 8 dollars, but its capacity turned out to be only1.5. quarts so she passed figuring that it was too small and we ended up with nothing for our first foray.
We went to Best Buy today at about noon. The biggest purchase for her was Harry Potter 8 for 9.99 blu (with extras) which also contained a 5 dollar credit towards a ticket to see the hobbit. So the movie ended up costing her only 5 dollars.
I got Seasons 5 and 6 of Bones in Blu for 13 each, Rise of the Planet of the Apes for 10, WOW starter kit for 5 dollars including 30 days online and a capacitive stylus for 8.
My worst deal was earlier in the week when I got the Mel Brooks Collection in Blu from Amazon for about 25. Unfortunately when I bought it about 6 months ago, I neglected to enter it into my DVD Profiler, so now I have an extra.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I only went to Walmart for the Thanksgiving night sale:
$9.96 TV Series

The Big Bang Theory S5
Bones S4-S5-S6
$8.96 Blu
The Cabin in the Woods
Snow White & the Huntsman
$7.96 Blu

The Grey
Fast & Furious 3: Tokyo Drift
Fast & Furious (4)
$3.96 Blu

Taken
Unstoppable
Iron Man
The Fast & the Furious
2 Fast 2 Furious
$8.96 DVD
The Campaign
Hatfields & McCoys
$4.96 DVD
The Devil Inside
Cowboys & Aliens
Hanna
We Bought a Zoo
$1.96 DVD
Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader

Picked up The Andy Griffith Show Complete Series, Bond 50 blu-ray, and Forever Marilyn blu-ray (had a $25 gift card, so it was $1.99) on Amazon.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Went expensive this year with 2 Samsung Galaxy ll tablets with Android sandwich from hhgregg. Both kids have an Ipod 8gig, but I can't afford the Ipad Mini, just way too much. They had 25 of them left after midnight so no rushing. My wife and I was so disappointed with Wal-mart when they advertised that the product would be available within the hour of the sale. We were there 2 1/2 hours early, on line and they had 25 tickets for the computer priced at $179.00; we were 27 on the line.

Firefighter3244

Auditioning
Real Name
Jose' Jr
I picked up the 60" LED vizio from walmart for $688!
I also grabbed the LG BluRay player for $38
That was my first time BF shopping, I'm happy with the deal I got

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Welcome to HTF, Jose! Let us know what you think of your Vizio and LG. I've heard good things about both.

Firefighter3244

Auditioning
Real Name
Jose' Jr
Thanks! I haven't posted a intro yet, lol. I will as soon as I finish the living room reno and get it mounted over the fireplace.
I understand it wasn't be best product but on a budget it was hands down the best value from the 4-6 hours of research I did.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Vizio makes fine sets. I have a 22-inch LED Vizio that I use for OTA viewing in my bedroom.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Welcome, Jose!

I've had a 32" Vizio LCD for several years. Loved it. Just upgraded to a 55" Panasonic Plasma after all these years and handed down the Vizio to my daughter and son-in-law. I'm sure it's still got lots of great years of viewing left in it.

Good luck with your purchases!

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Firefighter3244 said:
I picked up the 60" LED vizio from walmart for $688!
I also grabbed the LG BluRay player for $38
That was my first time BF shopping, I'm happy with the deal I got
Welcome aboard Jose.
sidburyjr said:
Most of our shopping was at bestbuy.com and amazon.com. But last night my daughter and I ventured to Target at 10:30 or so (after watching Hugo with friends). She was going to get a slow cooker for 8 dollars, but its capacity turned out to be only1.5. quarts so she passed figuring that it was too small and we ended up with nothing for our first foray.
We went to Best Buy today at about noon. The biggest purchase for her was Harry Potter 8 for 9.99 blu (with extras) which also contained a 5 dollar credit towards a ticket to see the hobbit. So the movie ended up costing her only 5 dollars.
I got Seasons 5 and 6 of Bones in Blu for 13 each, Rise of the Planet of the Apes for 10, WOW starter kit for 5 dollars including 30 days online and a capacitive stylus for 8.
My worst deal was earlier in the week when I got the Mel Brooks Collection in Blu from Amazon for about 25. Unfortunately when I bought it about 6 months ago, I neglected to enter it into my DVD Profiler, so now I have an extra.
You can return it.
I didn't get nearly as much as the last couple years mainly because I didn't venture out into the void.
Lets see, what did I get?
Get A Life from Amazon $24
Hatfield s and the McCoys for $10 Amazon
Complete Calvin and Hobbes hardcover from Amazon. $50
Cabin in the Woods at Target $8
I, Robot 3D at Best Buy $10 with a RZ coupon they gave me yesterday for no reason I can figure.
Heaven's Gate at B&N for $15
LoA box at B&N $55
I think that's it.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Complete Calvin and Hobbes hardcover from Amazon. $50

How the hell did you pull THAT off?!?

I've had that in my cart for years...and I've only ever seen it vary a few pennies in one direction or another...

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
It was that low for a few hours yesterday. I have it in my cart too but I saw it posted on DVDtalk in the comic book section where there is a topic discussing this book set.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Well, I had to go to my orders at Amazon to remind me how well I did over the last week:

Tuesday
Lord of the Rings Extended Editions $39.99
Godfather Collection $19.99
Lego Harry Potter 5-7 $10.00

Wednesday
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3 pack $10
The Prisoner $22.99

Friday
The Amazing Spider-Man $19.99
Dollhouse S2 $13.99
The Hunger Games $8.99
Spartacus Vengeace
Lego Pirates of the Caribbean $9.99

Not bad overall...

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by TonyD /t/325445/black-friday-2012-hauls-what-did-you-get#post_4005333
It was that low for a few hours yesterday. I have it in my cart too but I saw it posted on DVDtalk in the comic book section where there is a topic discussing this book set.

I am really sorry to have missed that opportunity. Many, many regrets.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
I am really sorry to have missed that opportunity. Many, many regrets.
+1. Even at the normal price, it isn't an insane amount for something that wonderful, but a price break like that one would have made a purely discretionary purchase that much easier to justify. I should probably break down and buy the damn collection one of these days instead of just perpetually putting it off, but I'm kind of tapped out after the Amazon sales.
- Walter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks