What's new

Black Christmas (1974) Blu-ray Disc 11/11/2008 (1 Viewer)

Vincent_P

Senior HTF Member
Just watched the actual Blu-ray and have to admit my earlier objections based soley on screen grabs and file-size specs were misguided. Small file size notwithstanding, the actual image quality on this Blu-ray appears very film-like, and any "problems" appear to be source related. The "digital artifacts" that are apparent in the screen grabs are not visibly apparent during normal viewing. Given the limits of the source material, I have to say this is a very faithful and worthy Blu-ray treatment of this classic film.

Vincent

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
I rented this movie and liked it (it was the standard DVD from 2006) and now I would like to buy it ... the only question is, which is the best DVD to get?? (I see there are many of them out there)...

I'd pick up the Blu-ray, even understanding it's of limited quality... but what I am really concerned about is the proper OAR?? I'd read this film is NOT really supposed to be 1.85:1 ... can anyone also tell me what the proper AR is? I don't want to lose any framing, particularly at the end when the camera pulls back and we see that attic window..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks