What's new

Bionic Woman season 1 thread (1 Viewer)

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey

I like Katee but didn't care for her in Bionic Woman and think the character will get old real quick.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Wow, someone else saw that? Michelle Ryan was good in it, but the role didn't call for much. To get any sense of her range, you'd need to see a lot of episodes of the British series EastEnders, which is where she learned to act and got famous (at least in the U.K.).

The finished pilot (with the recast sister) is available to TiVo subscribers through Amazon Unbox. It's a little clunky, because it has to cover so much ground to set up the series. But I like all the openings they've left themselves for future development. I didn't think the pilot was any darker than the Alias pilot (in which, let's not forget, Sydney's fiance is murdered by her boss), but with Eick in charge, there's at least a good chance that the show won't deteriorate the way Alias quickly did.

M.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I just watched the pilot episode.

I really enjoyed it. More then I thought I was going to.
There seems to be lots of possibilities with this show, I just hope it doesn't get run into the ground like Alias did.(which I liked at first, then got tired of VERY quickly)

And even though I watched a screener copy, I think this show looks good, and will look really good in HD

I also laughed at the Superman: The Movie moment when Jamie was
running really fast next to the little girl in the car, that commented on how fast she was running

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Whew! I was afraid they showed it secretly and I missed it.

Bionic Woman is on my wife's and my list for the Fall. Heroes, Journeyman, and Bionic Woman should make a fun Fall TV season!

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
You can download it for free from Amazon, through their Unbox service. This is NBC's counter to iTunes.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens

Which I just watched Chuck and Reaper, and they are both FANTASTIC!
I'm just about to watch Pushing Daisies.

This fall season is looking better and better

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
There's a free rental DVD at Blockbuster that has the pilot episodes of Journeyman -- great! -- Chuck -- good! -- and Life -- no interest, I don't know how it is. There's also a preview for Bionic Woman but not a whole episode, because it was not done in time.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
It looks like I'm in the minority, but I didn't care for this pilot AT ALL!

IMO, the "reimagineering" of Bionic Woman to make it dark and moody only succeeds in making it dull and dreary. Not even the presence of the always excellent Miguel Ferrer could salvage this turkey for me.

It's T2 meets The Matrix, with a bit of Blade Runner thrown in for good measure and it all comes across as one giant genre cliche after another.

Man, what a letdown! Count me out.

This may have looked good on paper, but whatever was on the printed page that excited the NBC brain-trust, sure as hell didn't make it to the small screen...

After seeing this, my Wednesday night viewing schedule just got a whole lot easier to manage.

As always, YMMV, but for me personally, Bionic Woman is a big old D-O-G!

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey

I have to agree, dull and dreary. Can' see people wanting to go to this dark place each week. It's as murky as Battlestar Galactica, which I like, but it just goes to show you people don't like depressing every week.
This show needs to lighten up or it will be gone by January.

David Forbes

Supporting Actor
I watched the preview on Comcasat's On Demand and I will also chime in that I was underwhelmed. I'll watch maybe one or two more, but I really didn't find too much to like.

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
If it is as dark as I'm seeing, I won't watch anything past the pilot either. Why do they have to keep on doing this crap?

After all, it isn't a reality show!

Glenn

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
For the contrast! You need the darkness for the effort of the heroes to be heroic. Look at 24 or Heroes -- they both typically involve having an entire city at risk of being destroyed.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa

God she was the worst part of thief, the show was pretty decent she was horrible

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
It's interesting how the scenario for this Bionic Woman is the complete opposite of the original BW, where in the original she is working for the government, and in the new series she is running away from the "evil" government. It will be interesting to see how long this show will last.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I just watched the pilot episode.

Like most people here, I really don't like the "evil lab" aspect. I would really have prefered they had Jamie work for the government.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks