What's new

BIONIC WOMAN (original series) COMING TO DVD (Kenneth johnson announces) (1 Viewer)

Robert DH

Auditioning
Please, oh please, let them not touch the music. Anyone who would do such a thing (releasers of Greatest American Hero, The Fugitive, etc.) should have to listen to an earsplitting weeklong rendition of "Bodine Brown" and bagpipe rap. And then get nasty.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
good news indeed

Not this part

Again, the info is early, and we're going to try to find out more about this for you. But of immediate concern to use is the specs! The show was originally broadcast in 1.33 "full screen" video format, but Universal's announcement this morning describes a DVD release with a video aspect ratio of "Anamorphic Widescreen (1.78:1)". If this is true, then it could mean that the original image was cropped, top and bottom, in order to better fit modern television screens. We SINCERELY hope that Universal didn't make the mistake of cutting away portions of the image for any reason! This studio releases classic television all the time in the original broadcast aspect ratio of the program, so we hope that this is more likely to a typo than anything else. We promise, we'll look into it as soon as possible!

We'll see. Just in case I took my R2 sets off the 'for sale' listings for now.

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce
Originally Posted by Garysb
They would have to license that from Time Warner since they own Mad Magazine.
Time Warner...owned by Time Life...Time Life releasing the DVD sets...no licensing issues.

Doug

Albert71292

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Albert Sims

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
Messing with the ratio of the original TV format would be a big mistake and sink sales numbers significantly, so we must hope that's indeed a typo, can't believe Universal anyway would be mad enough to do something like that after all this time. Typo, surely.

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce

Timothy E

Reviewer
Real Name
Timothy Ewanyshyn
TVShowsonDVD is reporting now that the Bionic Woman AND the SMDM set from Time Life will be presented in their original aspect ratios.

They are also reporting that the crossover episodes from SMDM will be included in the BW S1 set.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
How much you want to bet the gag reel is censored? I've seen the blooper reels before and there's a lot of bleepable language in them (much of it from Lindsay)--and in one case, brief nudity!

As these sets are going to be primarily for adult collectors, it'd be nice to have the option to watch the gag reel uncensored (maybe a secret remote code printed on a slip of paper in the box, so parents can keep that feature hidden from kiddies?), but I doubt it.

Wouldn't be a deal-breaker, just a disappointment.

Best gag reels of all time, though, are the uncensored ones from Mork & Mindy. Would be nice to see those in 'better than bootleg' quality!

Statskeeper

Second Unit
Real Name
Maureen
Originally Posted by AndyMcKinney
How much you want to bet the gag reel is censored? I've seen the blooper reels before and there's a lot of bleepable language in them (much of it from Lindsay)--and in one case, brief nudity!
Something similar happened on the "Get Smart" set. One of the extras was a roast of Don Adams that was held at the Playboy Mansion. There was a warning in the booklet listing the extras and on the DVD itself to the nature of the material.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Statskeeper
Something similar happened on the "Get Smart" set. One of the extras was a roast of Don Adams that was held at the Playboy Mansion. There was a warning in the booklet listing the extras and on the DVD itself to the nature of the material.
Was the Don Adams roast censored/bleeped, or uncut?

Statskeeper

Second Unit
Real Name
Maureen
I don't believe it was - it's been a while since I watched it. They gave the approriate warnings that it may not be suitable for some people, which I feel was the appropriate thing to do.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Matt,

I remember that pic. That's more like it.

I wonder why the studios seem to have problems matching up correct pics with the correct seasons of a show? Isn't the lower right pic from S3?

I thnk the upper right pic is from S1's "Jamie's Mother".

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
The pic in the link looked at LITTLE bit like a Digi Book, not unlike the ones Warner loves, and i hate. Notice the crimp in the art with some shadows on the left side of the art. Crummy art, and a crummy Digi- Book, oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leif_sauce
Recent bookmarks