What's new

Billboard Top 10 - All American Rejects "represent" rock music!! WHOO-HOO! (1 Viewer)

buttmunker

Second Unit
Real Name
Mike
We have to be grateful that at least one rock group can still make the Billboard Hot 100 Top 10 these days - it is kind of a rarity, as rap and dance are really still the rage. Thank you, All-American Rejects for representing the "minority" who don't care for rap and dance.

Honorable mention to Jason Mraz, whoever you are. Maybe I should see what you're about........

1 Lady GaGa Featuring Colby O'Donis - Just Dance

2 Beyonce
Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)

3 Kanye West
Heartless

4 T.I. Featuring Rihanna
Live Your Life

5 Taylor Swift
Love Story

6 Katy Perry
Hot N Cold

7 Jason Mraz
I'm Yours

8 Kevin Rudolf Featuring Lil Wayne
Let It Rock

9 Britney Spears
Womanizer

10 The All-American Rejects - Gives You Hell

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I can't tell if this is sarcastic because AAR are terrible even if they may fall under the "rock" banner. More emo I think.

In principle though, I absolutely agree with you. I'm a big Mraz fan though; he's pretty mellow but he's got a great knack for melody.

Although I can't deny it; I love me some Katy Perry.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif
"Hot N Cold" is too catchy for me not to love.

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
The record companies are missing the boat by not going out, signing, and promoting new rock acts. With Guitar Hero as popular as it is, there's a huge, untapped market for rock at this moment.

I work with teens for a living and I can tell you that they are eating up classic rock/metal right now. My students are constantly wanting to borrow my rock cd's like Maiden, Priest, Van Halen, and AC/DC. These are the kids going out, buying guitars, and starting bands. Unfortunately, record companies are refusing to break the pop/R&B/rap trend that they've been milking for over ten years. And they wonder why their sales are down.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks