What's new

Bill Hunt/The Digital Bits now PRO Hd Dvd! (1 Viewer)

Ed St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
1Q '07 will give us a good look at where the waring formats stand.
After CES & the holiday #'s come in.
Then half of what has been said in this forum will immediately turn to garbage.
Not that the 'other' half will be "right", just that the vast majority of consumers will have had their chance to speak and speak much louder than all the yelling here combined.

As great as it is to yell here, were just hot air "posting" compared to wallets 'speaking'!!! ;-)

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Ed, if you've read any of my posts it's all rumor (and I clearly stated that) from CEDIA, I have no links, if I did I would have posted them, again, read my posts, rumors only. Go over to AVS and you'll find more info on this then you will find here.

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
Funnily enough, I did, and I couldn't even find a mention of Onkyo (NAD is too short for the search filter) other than they are part of the HD DVD PRG. By that rationale, Onkyo should be releasing a Blu-ray player soon too, since they're also part of the BDA. As a matter of fact, other BDA members include D&M Holdings (Denon and Marantz parent), NEC and Sanyo (HD DVD partners with Toshiba), and a bunch of other brands like Yamaha, Kenwood, RCA/Thomson, Daewoo.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron

I've already seen the XA2 online priced at $899 and with that, two free HD-DVD movies or a 4 year extended warranty. A $100 more then the XA1 but the XA1 did not include the free movies or warranty and 1080p.

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann

If I am not mistaken, currently BR has only one player. Has the Sony or Pioneer released their players yet? If so, I stand corrected.

Does anyone now if the Pioneer will have HDMI 1.3?

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
He said HD DVD had 6 manufacturers and Blu-ray had 4. Whether it was manufacturers, released players, or announced players that he meant, I'm not sure, but he would be wrong on all counts anyway (in addition to any word from Denon, Marantz, Onkyo, or NAD).

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Please, let's remain calm and move on. People make mistakes, but it's still Home Theater not life and death.

Crawdaddy

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Thanks for deleting that post Robert, I was headed back to do it myself, or at least edit it. I've made mistakes and been wrong before and it won't be the last time. Sorry for the misinformation guys I was just trying to be helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks